Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev'it Gear

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-S1000

Rev'it Gear

Anybody using the Rev'it gear 2 pants or Ignition jacket? Looking for some feedback before i buy.
    I started off with nothing! But still have most of it left!?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I have Rev'it jacket, pants, boots, gloves. All good stuff. Buy with confidence.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Heaps wearing that brand and the ones I've spoken to rate them.

Check Revzilla for gear reviews as they offer good detail on product https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-leather-pants

Bike
    A
    Yep I've got plenty of Revit gear, not top of the range stuff to be honest, but value for money is a fair description

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I would call it average. Most of it I have bought has fallen apart after a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Kawa ZX1400
    Have both the ignition jacket and gear pants. Jacket is excellent spring/summer/autumn jacket and I thoroughly recommend it. Pants are also good but I wouldn't rate them as high simply due to style (I prefer the in boot cut).

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Been using Rev'it for years as their sizing suits me reasonably well. Not many make pants in different lengths, and XXL Long is definitely what I need.

It does depend on what you buy though. I mainly use the more expensive adventure gear. I did try a goretex shell Defender, but the outside was too soft when I went elbow down in gravel after a puddle. Lightweight is nicer to use and wear, but doesn't take the hard knocks from adventure riding.

I still have an Off Track jacket that I really love and despite having the newer fancier Defender, keep using the Off Track as it's a better summer jacket for ventilation, outer material is thicker etc.

I'd probably stick with the Sand range if buying now, but yikes, not cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Bought a Sand jacket three weeks before flying over a bonnet and tumbling down fresh chip seal mid 2014. Can see the marks on the shoulder if look carefully. Worn near daily since replacing the bike. Needs a bath and that's it. Good stuff; would buy again.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    I've got the Sand II Pants as I'd read some good reviews of them. The comforts good, and the length is enough for my long legs but they have a major flaw.

The waterproof lining isn't. I don't just mean it leaks a little in the seams, it doesn't work at all.

First time I rode in heavy rain I ended up in a sitting in a puddle with the water running down my legs into my boots - not pleasant.

After that I thought maybe the lining was directional and I'd possibly put it in-side-out. Made sure it was right way around, but the next time I rode in heavy rain the same thing happened.

Reason for getting these was the waterproof layer was supposed to be good but I've now gone back to using cheap over trousers from the Hunting and Fishing shop.

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Still rocking my Rev'it pants almost 6 years and 80,000 odd kms later, have my moneys worth from them for sure. Even crashed in them can't tell apart from the reflective tapes a bit damaged. May not be top of the line stuff. Someone said about the waterproofing, too right its useless. Might have some luck with silicone spray depending on downpour.
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    The waterproof lining isn't. I don't just mean it leaks a little in the seams, it doesn't work at all.
    Think I might have Sand or Sand 2 pants, can't remember. Wore out the old lining (ie, not under warranty), and posted in AdvRider's Rev'it thread. Europe saw my post and they were able to source the exact liner required and included it in the next NZ shipment, and it's been working well (cost me something like $50-100 for some postage and the liner).

There is a new NZ distributor and they said to contact again if I had issues etc. Can dig out the email to get contact details if you want. Re-confirmed for me to continue using Rev'it.
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Think I might have Sand or Sand 2 pants, can't remember. Wore out the old lining (ie, not under warranty), and posted in AdvRider's Rev'it thread. Europe saw my post and they were able to source the exact liner required and included it in the next NZ shipment, and it's been working well (cost me something like $50-100 for some postage and the liner).

There is a new NZ distributor and they said to contact again if I had issues etc. Can dig out the email to get contact details if you want. Re-confirmed for me to continue using Rev'it.
    It would be good if you have got the contact details handy. These have not worked from new. Got them from Hampton Motorcycles in Christchurch but they closed down shortly after I bought them. Did contact Revit a couple of times via their web site but never got a reply so gave up.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    It would be good if you have got the contact details handy. These have not worked from new. Got them from Hampton Motorcycles in Christchurch but they closed down shortly after I bought them. Did contact Revit a couple of times via their web site but never got a reply so gave up.
    Looks like it was Darbi, and Darbi is still the NZ Distributor.

Looks like they have a website here: https://www.revitnewzealand.com/
    Address in September 2016 was 2 Parkhead Place, Rosedale.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Had a sales guy yesterday tell me how awesome Revit gear is coz it uses YKK zips.

My BMW gear also uses YKK zips, and they suck. The Little pull things break off. All my suits have zips with zip ties as pulls.

One of my colleagues has a Revit Sand suit. Loves it. Second pair of pants in 2 years though. The fabulous zip failed in his first pair.

Mind you, we wear the gear 40 hours each week.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Had a sales guy yesterday tell me how awesome Revit gear is coz it uses YKK zips.

My BMW gear also uses YKK zips, and they suck. The Little pull things break off. All my suits have zips with zip ties as pulls.

One of my colleagues has a Revit Sand suit. Loves it. Second pair of pants in 2 years though. The fabulous zip failed in his first pair.

Mind you, we wear the gear 40 hours each week.
    You must be sweating to much in it and corroding the tabs. On your next set try dry soap on the zips and a little oil on the tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information