Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: It Won't Happen To Me, I don't need to change.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Another great Sunday fang yesterday, thought I was riding good but missed some sandy stuff on the Pahiatua track in which both wheels moved (what felt like quite a lot but maybe only a foot?). It was over before I corrected but a good reminder. The old eyes had missed it.

Couple of cigars and an Iced coffee and back home by midday.(that'll do me for a week !! )

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Another great Sunday fang yesterday, thought I was riding good but missed some sandy stuff on the Pahiatua track in which both wheels moved (what felt like quite a lot but maybe only a foot?). It was over before I corrected but a good reminder. The old eyes had missed it.

Couple of cigars and an Iced coffee and back home by midday.(that'll do me for a week !! )

Glad you came through the sand ok, I am amazed at the visual gains when wearing my long vision glasses, (note not required for my driving license) but they give me a far greater depth of view and help with those little hidden leprechauns we sometimes come across hiding on the road.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    On a similar note I went out to Castlepoint on Sunday, there's a twisty section leading up to a summit with a curve on the top and a gravelled area / road to the side. I found out later that some local boys had been doing donuts there on Saturday night. Guess what was scattered across the road... One oncoming (classic) car tried to warn me by putting his RH indicator on, those classic car club types are good people. There was melted tar leading up to it so I'd slowed already anyway, previous vehicles had cleared lanes, still it wasn't a nice surprise.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I think I wrote something like this years ago ? My recipe for riding and surviving !

I usually ride sunday mornings,early (have for many years).
    But stay away from towns and intersections if possible. Traffic shits me .
    I'm due a birthday in April , I'll be 69.
    I don't ride with anyone,all my mates have since given away the bikes.
    I still get along,but pick my spots carefully. I don't follow,somethings in front, I pass it.
    Don't ride in wind or the wet,really fussy with the weather and road conditions.

So this is how I've lasted riding this long (54 yrs).
    A good coffee and a cigar or two and I'm happy as.
    I'm smitten by this idea.

Enjoyed a fab ride last Sunday morning - not heading anywhere specific like normal, just out riding for the sake of it. Breakfast was a bonus.

"Going to church" might become a semi-regular weekly event.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=rastuscat;1131079790]Sickening.

Certainly I make no reference to those have departed in the recent days and distant past. I post this in the (potentially vain) hope that it might open some eyes.

So true mate i done it i made a mistake and caused a crash .me being tiped of my bike. old guy caused a crash me into the side of his car.

Only common things are me . no use being in the right looking down from perlie gates.

Biggest issue i have is i look at the closing gap not the way past . i got train myself to not to do that. .

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=rastuscat;1131079790]Sickening.

I never been a go out and ride hundreds of Kms for the sake of it.
    I just go to work (when was working ) shops etc mostly city streets.
    And its enough for me sure nice to go on a trip, but i need a reason.
    I think biggest improvemnt to my riding is my mature self. doesint need or think he has to be this perfect rider. i was never quick. i think us slow ones trying to be what we think . we need to do . i never scraped a foot peg.
    Know i just bloody appricate that am well and i have a Motorbike.

all posts here are cool all just do or ride how we feel like . after all its fun .

Some the time its bloody awsome but 90 % average but hay i can live with that know. those special moments arent about speed though its just cool
    Like hearing old song . on the radio. athough when read of someone accident fatal i do feel little guilty as feels bit selfess to think i chould leave my wife and son on there own. wonder if its worth it . i guess its because am a happier person for it.

Thread Information