Thread: FI Light trying to get error code

Bike
    2019 Ninja

FI Light trying to get error code

Hello on my 250r the FI light comes on as soon as you as you turn the ignition on. You here the fuel pump work fine, it starts (sometimes takes abit of turning over sometimes straight away) and then goes fine. It did turn off when I went into N today but started right away and no problems before or since.

I have shorted the dealer plug before starting and once started. I have held down select. Even tried to do a guy on off and nothing seems to go into the dealer mode to show the error code.

Any help would be great.

Alternatively which places have a code reader? Pref anywhere from South to central Auckland. Red Baron have mucked me around abit so not big on them but if I must I will. The last place I took my bike to fix a leak said they didn't have the gear to check the codes.

Thanks

Bike
    CB1300
    Hyosungs used to have a problem with the kick stand switch.
    At least my exes 06 or 07 did.
    If you unplug that switch the two cables plugged into each other on hers.
    With the switch bypassed problem went away, so a new switch was procured under warranty.

I have heard that it is also a common fault when the battery is old or low on charge.

Bike
    CB1300
    A quick Google says that the codes can only be displayed while the light is lit.
    The below is for a 650, but the basic info is the same but this is a better video.
    https://youtu.be/ofdQK-NO-oc

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    A quick Google says that the codes can only be displayed while the light is lit.
    The below is for a 650, but the basic info is the same but this is a better video.
    https://youtu.be/ofdQK-NO-oc
    Thanks for the reply. Just had battery charged (left bike on) so shouldnt be that. Interesting about the kick stand. When i took it to red baron (to repair a oil leak they never repaired) when i picked it up they said my kickstand was playing up (although i have never had an issue) Also my FI light is always on even idle

Thanks for the vid. Saw that one. Mine starts even when that plug is bridged. Tried mutliple ways.

Bike
    2012 Fireblade
    You say the F1 light is always on - has this been the case since u've had the bike? do u have an aftermarket exhaust where the O2 sensor was removed and no eliminator is in place?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Runty View Post
    You say the F1 light is always on - has this been the case since u've had the bike? do u have an aftermarket exhaust where the O2 sensor was removed and no eliminator is in place?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Yes always. No factory exhaust. When i got the bike it was fine. Amonth later it occured veru randomly and about 3 months ago full time

Thread Information