Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: herald article again > not well written balanced i think not.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It may be council property ... but it IS (in the Council bylaws) ... the adjacent property owners RESPONSIBILITY to maintain it.

Give the guy a break ... he was just taking care of the grass ...
    Yeah sub divided section and theres tiny piece between too drives.
    Honestly he has no need to buy a lawn mower so. i do it geezz its only 2 min job. looks alot better. if am doing my lawn i just do what i think needed if i cross the road buzz over . i just think why not. he been good to us got some spuds. dam they where home grown. never tasted so good crime to mash them.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    there is another in Otara, a mate of mine was sick of late night drunks crashing into his fence/house. Reinforced fence with some steel offcuts.
    cars bounced off fence after dat.

I had a and a neighbour who kept cutting across my drive/lawn to get to his place.
    chucked a 250+kg rock on my side of boundary, sorted the one out later that night.
    the rock didn’t move......
    Dude if you can lift that just standing outside been enough of a deterent.
    That sprung steel they build the stockcars out of whould be good.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Sorry dude gotta disagree. Whoever is responsible has done nothing, so he came up with his own solution. He should not have had to, but TPTB were missing in action. The fact that lemmings are still crashing there shows he was right to do something.

Better the congenital idiots write themselves, or their cars, off than that they torpedo his house and take an innocent life.
    yeah i problerly want to do the same well i whould we we rent so maybe not.

We dont even have a fence . but cars scream past some nights do worry my sons room is on that corner of the house. move his bed in summer by the windows. so not so hot at night.

Yep fair enough theres the law and then there practicle life.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=jellywrestler;1131081298], was supposed to be how
    well then i do re call i from time to time have typos.
    fair enough, don't take it personally this is the internaughty after all.

yeah sorry bro did go ott .
    i questioned how placing concrete blocks there could make him responsible for killing someone? if they stick to the road the won't crash, if they crash into his fence they could still die, there are shit loads of obstacles around the whole of our country, with similar impact consequences as those concrete blocks.
    true
    years ago i looked at house about three doors down from this one, the weekend prior there was a crash into the same house, the driver did a runner, dogs chased him through the property i looked at....
    a mate lived directly over the road, they moved in one saturday, went out for the evening and were burgled while they were out, it's a bit wild in that neighbourhood

God i say so you are that street shit its a small world.
    I was delevering junk mail was 10 pm actually think was more like 11pm
    Shit . i saw this car no making this almighty din . turbos on boast.
    sparks flying of what i thought was the underside. i thought rubbing my eyes . it cant be fuel tank under there . then almight bang blew out rear tire. then realized they where trying blow the other one.
    I chouldint belive it . people came out to see. i told what happened.
    I went around there they are car parked in middle road wrong way. just walking about if nothing happned . i was so pissed of about them just going into somones area they didnt live there . as on there phones .
    So rang the cops when got home . they only did burnout for some 30secs only left mark 15 feet. that was enough blow tire clean of the other rim.
    Loooking back might been stolen . why you want do that to your own car.
    Mind boogles what people do these days.
    few months back almighty bang and go out and looked like two cars locked toghter . i thought they crashed into each other. looked almost funny.
    I thought they crashing into my nebours parked car.
    though what the hell where they doing . next day saw where driven over the berm side ways . cops cam that night . found out kids stolen one the cars that was smashed up . it happens so fast i still none wiser what actually happned . i just said shit i dont know whats happned ask the guy next door to me and went to bed.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    fair enough, don't take it personally this is the internaughty after all.
    i questioned how placing concrete blocks there could make him responsible for killing someone? if they stick to the road the won't crash, if they crash into his fence they could still die, there are shit loads of obstacles around the whole of our country, with similar impact consequences as those concrete blocks.
    years ago i looked at house about three doors down from this one, the weekend prior there was a crash into the same house, the driver did a runner, dogs chased him through the property i looked at....
    a mate lived directly over the road, they moved in one saturday, went out for the evening and were burgled while they were out, it's a bit wild in that neighbourhood
    >>>>>>>>>>>> mine below
    Yeah you miss most what happens .esp at night. i thought area. of palmerston north i been a bit of a snob dont get me wrong. i can live in any area. in fact we once lived in so called posh area hated it . people you never saw anyone. but this area . that used be real bad gangs even a drive by murder. when offered me the run. i thought umm maybe i say no . but i thought i cant turn down work. first few times going around . saw gang people i thought shit this isnt for me. i was shiting myself. but you have just keep calm do you job. was bloody relief , when i was home though.

I walk around there used shit myself. put people are okay and yeah just familys its actually more fun because the people actually freindler than my street.

I talking t this dude other night bloody good sort fixs diggers all that sort gear. his truck got broken into and his tools nicked , truck parked down his drive. got steel gates . dogs . said police told on the phone. u should park the truck closer to the house. and where both saying you should be able.
    to have you things safe. geez like he said he works 14 hr days. he said we both work why dont they . and am like yeah. kinda was going say . i dont have full time job. but thought geez lighen up its like almost always apolgizing for not having a full time job. its nice for once to feel normal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Anywhere near Cannons Creek?

I grew up in an area bordering a similar zone
    No, NaeNae is in the Hutt Valley. Was more or less a sister-city to Cannons Creek at one time, but is becoming gentrified.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Dude if you can lift that just standing outside been enough of a deterent.
    That sprung steel they build the stockcars out of whould be good.
    chucked was sort of a giveaway-I was being economical with the description it was definitely more than 250 kg
    it was dropped off by a 10 tonne truck - no one could move it, by themselves

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    No, NaeNae is in the Hutt Valley. Was more or less a sister-city to Cannons Creek at one time, but is becoming gentrified.

OK, I have been to Wellington a few times
    Havent really got the hang of the layout

Been out to end of Coast Road and to the Waihine Monument (could it have been bigger?) then Parliament, out through Karori to Makara Beach (raining all the way)and up the coast to Cannons Creek, where I got surrounded by the most interesting bunch of people you could want to meet. and further on up to Fielding via Paekakariki Hill road

The bike sounding like a Harley, definitely helped me get away.

Obviously going to have to find Naenae next time...

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    oops, when i looked at the house the school was over the back fence and i was sure it emptied the other way
    i think technically you are correct i think its supposedly one way from waddington dr to wheatley st...same diff though cars slowing stopping etc

Thread Information