Thread: Kawaski Engine replacemnt tread

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Kawaski Engine replacemnt tread

We i thought bore you lot again

Just a few words after googling the subject thought why not buy a modern ninja 250 engine for the old gpx kawaski.

o rahter have a newer engine as i can afford . and theres fewer old ones around.well didnt want have to buy another complete bike . i bidded on a few and missed out. glad as just take up more room. i got 9 bikes know.

When engine was found to be stuffed i looked the bike with destain piece crap. wasint enjoying second non honda purchase at all dark thoughts.
    Where do i drop this of a cliff . terminal speed alright.

Know its my cool little ninja anyways enough bs.

Why posting is to update how few compatailty problems if any.

Only 3 . the starter diffrent , exhust clamps , crabs are smaller but the bigger ones fit. 1 mm diffrence

I just fitted engine yesterday thats about it 3 bolts done . had slight diffrence in the right top engine mount . on the gpx . its treaded into the hanger. not sure on the ninja will have to look at a pic.
    Engine castings Crankcase all the same . cover that goes over the front sprocket diffrent . as wont fit . not a problem if you get that with your replacent engine. ditto , brought starter of the guy sold me the engine.
    A Bike dismantler 500.00 for the engine . 450.00 plus starter.

so know i will have a working bike in the future with live reg. so i guess the
    $450.00 lemon working out.

Am not sure how the headers seal though its just a flat surface . where am used to honda way recess and copper gasket got me bit stumped.

Not sure i can use old headers . the clamps i know dont fit the stud patern.
    first job apart from connect few wires. rest where easy as .all the same basically. all connector blocks except maybe 2 3 single wires.

i can try find a 2009 nija wirking dia if colours dont seem to match. havent checked yet. only strated yesterday.

!s clean the carbs they bound to need it tank is pretty suspect.

2. finish of taking metal of the right top engine hanger . it touchs the top part of the rocker cover. stoping the top bolt lining up corectly.

I thought shit dont have a grinder anymore. then i just thought u got a hacksaw . so i cut down 20 mm small spacings 4 groves . then on a angle cut. each side to i had a grove . then used a flat bastard file . and just went to town. smothing it all .took a hour or so . taking back to the bike to check.
    Need to fill the oil as it had to be drained for shiping.
    How much and what kind i get not sure. prob 2 ltrs am thinking.

anyways i better get to my day job its a hoilday but got 600 junk mail to get out . maybe more.

So i cant devote all my time to this so bear with me.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

few pics . buying engine was turn key exp
    brought delevered to my door 4 days from Chch to parmmy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-21 12.50.15 HDR.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	785.8 KB 
ID:	334862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-21 11.53.01 HDR.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	785.9 KB 
ID:	334863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-20 13.09.34.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	435.9 KB 
ID:	334864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-14 21.59.37.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	334865  

Thread Information