Thread: ZXR250 Electric Starting Issue

Bike
    1990 ZXR250A

ZXR250 Electric Starting Issue

Morning Folks,

Recently got my hands on another ZXR250a, and i'm looking for some help / wondering if anyone has dealt with this previously. So, the ZXR has an issue with starting electrically. First of all, in neutral I need to pull in the clutch about 15% in to allow it to even crank, more or less pull, the clutch completely cuts it out as if it has a kill switch. My previous ZXR250a didn't have this and i'm wondering if anyone can share some input on how this works or how I can remove this. Once i'm in that sweet spot it cranks but doesn't want to start. Roll starts fine.

It does have an immobilizer and yes it was turned off while attempting to start the bike. But i'm wondering if this has something to do with it. I'm assuming there is some sort of safety switch on the clutch. Just purchased the bike yesterday so I will be doing some further testing tonight hopefully i.e battery voltage etc.

In the mean time I would greatly appreciate some input / info about my situation.

Thank you.

Bike
    2000, Suzuki GSF 250V
    If your still having this issue you can just bypass the clutch safety switch or you could fix it but bypassing it should be easy. Find out whether it has to be opened or closed to allow starting and make it as such. If its open to start just snip the wires if it's closed which is probably my more likely just snip the two wires from the clutch switch and short em together

Thread Information