Thread: Suzuki GSX-R250 GJ72A Flywheel

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSXR250 / 1989 Honda VFR400

Retrofitting a different flywheel - Suzuki GSXR250

Hey all,

I own an old 87 Suzuki GSX-R 250 and these things seem to have a pretty common issue where the magnets lining the flywheel fall to bits.
    Unfortunately a brand new replacement is worth half as much as the bike and my faith in a second hand replacement holding together is dim.

I know a few of these ended up in New Zealand, and I know this issue has popped up a few times.
    I was wondering if anyone has had any luck retrofitting a flywheel from another bike, likely similar era Suzuki?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27046616_10208352562331862_1450295775_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	334866  

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blabz View Post
    Hey all,

I own an old 87 Suzuki GSX-R 250 and these things seem to have a pretty common issue where the magnets lining the flywheel fall to bits.
    Unfortunately a brand new replacement is worth half as much as the bike and my faith in a second hand replacement holding together is dim.

I know a few of these ended up in New Zealand, and I know this issue has popped up a few times.
    I was wondering if anyone has had any luck retrofitting a flywheel from another bike, likely similar era Suzuki?

Thanks in advance.
    Look on ebay u get a picture of the fly wheel . Just get correct part for your bike . Been told valve seat recession . Is a fault with these motors too . Stiff valve spring to cope with high rev ceiling . Can cause hard starting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information