Thread: 2004 GSX 250 Invader Carb/fuel problem

Bike
    Gsx250

2004 GSX 250 Invader Carb/fuel problem

Hey all, first time posting

So quick run down.. brought a 2004 gsx 250 invader couple of days ago. Original owner said he had it in storage for 3 years. He used start ya bastard on the filter to clean it and get the bike started, cleaned the carbs. Attempted to clean the carbs but didn't go so well. Anyway I bought the bike just took to the mechanics which cleaned the carbs fully , and also gave it a carb balance.
    The problem that started was the bike would become restricted/hesitant at 5000rpm till around 9000rpm then would carry on. After cleaning the carbs and the balance the problem still persists. After spending $230 getting it cleaned and balanced and checking spark plugs and some other bits and Bob's that were fitted incorrectly.
    The mechanic thankfully spent another 3 hrs trying to fix the problem by tuning everything and charged me a pack of 25 blue Winfield smokes . Any suggestions before I take it to another mechanic and waste my money that I don't have haha

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Welcome along to KB.
    It seems that while you've got a willing mechanic, what you need is a slightly cluier one.
    Only one I'd suggest is running the bike with the fule cap open and see if it behaves as it should.
    If it does, you've got a blockage somewhere in the cap and it's unable to breathe and causing the bike to lean out and starve.
    Careful that you don't ring it's neck too long while ascertaing the problem.
    Good luck.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Welcome along to KB.
    You need to approve the post before anyone else can see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    been a while since this posted. start here:
    http://www.dansmc.com/carbs2.htm

Bike
    Gsx250
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Welcome along to KB.
    Only one I'd suggest is running the bike with the fule cap open and see if it behaves as it should.
    If it does, you've got a blockage somewhere in the cap and it's unable to breathe and causing the bike to lean out and starve.
    Cheers dude, will give that a crack and see how it goes😊

Thread Information