Thread: Safe motorcycle parking in Central Wellington

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

Safe motorcycle parking in Central Wellington

Hi. If someone needed safe daytime parking for a motorcycle in Wellington near the bottom of the Terrace - where would they go?

Cheers.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Guzzi's , Gilera Saturno
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    Hi. If someone needed safe daytime parking for a motorcycle in Wellington near the bottom of the Terrace - where would they go?

Cheers.
    Good luck, there's a woeful lack of parking down there , My missus rides a motorbike and works down there but doesn't bother taking the bike if it's after 8am as all the parking gone by then. council are deliberately removing motorcycle parks, and have stated publicly they do not want to support motorcycling.

as a side note she's reluctant to take her new bike because your average scooter rider does not give a **** about other peoples vehicles , be prepared for scratches and dings if you squeeze in on the terrace.

not very helpful I know

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    . council are deliberately removing motorcycle parks, and have stated publicly they do not want to support motorcycling.

not very helpful I know
    Hmm. That's what I've been hearing, hence the question. Thanks for the answer.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    KTM
    WCC are deliberately removing motorcycle parks, and have stated publicly they do not want to support motorcycling.
    The council's city networks chief transport advisor Steve Spence confirmed the sub-section of motorists is often deliberately left out of consultations.

"The position taken both at local and national level has been that motorcycling can't realistically be encouraged as a mode of transport because it is inherently dangerous when compared with, for example, travel by car or public transport."

Get fucked, Steve.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    The council's city networks chief transport advisor Steve Spence confirmed the sub-section of motorists is often deliberately left out of consultations.

"The position taken both at local and national level has been that motorcycling can't realistically be encouraged as a mode of transport because it is inherently dangerous when compared with, for example, travel by car or public transport."
    ... Or pushbikes. Pause.

PS: Get fucked that man Spence.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    my little pony
    The only way to fuck the WCC is to affect the businesses that operate within the council boundries.
    I have to go through Welly to get the interisland ferries, but i dont have to spend a dime there.
    I can also buy new motorcycle from Hamilton and avoid Motorad, as they are selling dangerous forms of transport that WCC does not want to support or encourage. FU WCC.

Bike
    KTM
    Best plan would be to wait for something like the chinese new year festival, get all the bikers who can be bothered to stand up for their rights to jam up the city, and its car parks, preventing car driving people from attending the many events planned by the wcc.

I'm pretty sure, if i'm reading things right, there is a 5 min grace period from when you enter a park (street side car park, in this example) and when you can be ticketed.

So, just park in the car park, block cars for 4 mins 50 seconds, pull out (only letting in another bike to idle in the spot for an additional 4:50) and rinse and repeat.

could be a bit of a laugh, actually.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Best plan would be to wait for something like the chinese new year festival, get all the bikers who can be bothered to stand up for their rights to jam up the city, and its car parks, preventing car driving people from attending the many events planned by the wcc.

I'm pretty sure, if i'm reading things right, there is a 5 min grace period from when you enter a park (street side car park, in this example) and when you can be ticketed.

So, just park in the car park, block cars for 4 mins 50 seconds, pull out (only letting in another bike to idle in the spot for an additional 4:50) and rinse and repeat.

could be a bit of a laugh, actually.
    yeah. what better than antagonising the petty twits that pass bylaws, and the ignorant public at the same time.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    yeah. what better than antagonising the petty twits that pass bylaws, and the ignorant public at the same time.
    Works for me..
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

Get fucked, Steve.
    Where was that quote taken from? Sounds like a ball-less fairy latte sipping homo.

Bike
    KTM
    Nah just another old white dude who reckons he knows what is best

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/956...ransport-plans

Don't worry though, as we live in an open and transparent democracy you can of course attend a transport / parking meeting with the WCC to voice any concerns you have.

https://wellington.govt.nz/your-coun...ransport-forum

Ohhhh... wait;

Quote Originally Posted by wellington.govt.nz
    This is a not a public meeting. Representatives from 10 organisations and agencies interested in road safety and/or sustainable transport are invited to participate in SASTF meetings.
    oh.

oh ok.

There is however a 'Bikers’ Rights Organisation of New Zealand (BRONZ)' representative who attends these meetings on your behalf. I think. Maybe.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    ' representative who attends these meetings on your behalf. I think. Maybe.
    they just go for the coffee and bikkies

Thread Information