Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Employee Wellness Program - need input

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Each place I have worked at all had different ways of getting people well motivated.
    it was always the type of people and the available environment.

some got involved in inter company games such as soccer at lunchtime, others organised family days, some sponsored something that a group desired. Others met after work for team sports event like social cricket or summer social soccer.
    otgers organise group/team building exercises or day trips.

its highly reliant on the types of people and what they have going on in their lives.
    most people spend a lot of their time at work thinking about what they are doing after work.

If it’s educational fully funded, sports/exercise it should be partially funded by work, otherwise people tend to forget.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I worked for a company once that offered 3 free counselling sessions with this counselling company but it was a waste of the company's money as the counselling company were not interested in work related problems only out of work problems.
    How is that a waste of the companys money? The counselling is there to offer employees counselling* not solve work problems.

*Also adds value to wage/salary package.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    How is that a waste of the companys money? The counselling is there to offer employees counselling* not solve work problems.

*Also adds value to wage/salary package.
    I guess Counselling is like Rider training?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    my little pony
    We had a dietician come in and explain what different foods and liquids do to your body, what is healthy food and correct proportions. Another episode a nurse advised us on the early signs of different cancers, and known causes of, and yet another episode with a gym instructor demonstrating core fitness exercises for everyone regardless of age. The core fitness part was commented by most as being really good. (plus she was hot).

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    A couple of companies I've been involved with have run a lunchtime bootcamp/crossfit/excercise thing - where they get a personal trainer to come in at lunch, and they go out to the carpark and do various exercises.
    so then they all smell like a nuns ferret afterwards?

Bike
    raptor 1000
    employee wellness ......dont they get paid every week?

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    employee wellness ......dont they get paid every week?
    Offering an employee wellness program as an added value instead of more pay can save shitloads in salaries and wages.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    There is more to an emplyee's well being than just a pay. Being a non-profit, chances are employees were not attracted by just the pay to work. I believe companies like Southern Cross and Sovereign insurance offer programs for employers that you could adopt. Have a chat with them, may be they can support a good non-profit organization.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    so then they all smell like a nuns ferret afterwards?
    Haha - no, those that partake bring a set of Gym clothes and the 2 companies that ran it had Showers.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    suzuki
    nobodies mentioned offering bikini waxes, it's amazing how much better i fell when i see a stench trench without ghastly pubic sideburns hanging out the sides.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    A couple of companies I've been involved with have run a lunchtime bootcamp/crossfit/excercise thing - where they get a personal trainer to come in at lunch, and they go out to the carpark and do various exercises.
    You need showers.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    nobodies mentioned offering bikini waxes, it's amazing how much better i fell when i see a stench trench without ghastly pubic sideburns hanging out the sides.
    Brilliant idea - offered to anyone who wants it, and the co-workers get the chance to watch. Its a win win.

Actually if you want a giggle, on youtube there are videos of people getting it done - its PG, just the reaction shots - freakin hilarious.

One thing we did for employee wellness last year was pay out a decent chunky Xmas bonus... so there was that. Money talks yo!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post

We are a not-for-profit so don't have a big bucket of money. Already discarded the standard gym memberships because of the cost.

Our staff demographic is wide. 75% female, age ranges from 20 through to 72 ... average about 50, probably 10 different nationalities represented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    There is more to an emplyee's well being than just a pay. Being a non-profit, chances are employees were not attracted by just the pay to work. I believe companies like Southern Cross and Sovereign insurance offer programs for employers that you could adopt. Have a chat with them, may be they can support a good non-profit organization.
    Yes, This.

Given the age range, Hell, no.

If this is one of your deliverables, does a bonus rely on your accomplishing this ? Just curious as in previous experience with this sort of shit, I found too much time was being wasted complying with the conditions which ensured a bonus and not enough effort on the actual job....

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I've been doing that for years and yet am still unfit. Clearly not working....

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    One of my deliverables at work this year is to create a Wellness Program for our employees. Any constructive suggestions as to what is good and what is not in such a thing would be appreciated.

We are a not-for-profit so don't have a big bucket of money. Already discarded the standard gym memberships because of the cost.

Some thoughts:

Skin cancer screening
    Sleep support
    Meditation / mindfulness
    flu vaccinations (done that for years anyway)
    yoga / pilates introduction (not a full course, just a sampler)
    Stop Smoking program
    Masturbating for fitness ... (yeah OK, I made that one up)

Our staff demographic is wide. 75% female, age ranges from 20 through to 72 ... average about 50, probably 10 different nationalities represented.

Any suggestions on what to do or not to do? Oh, I don't need to hear if you thing Wellness is a load of wank. It's something I have to do regardless of what people think so anti-Wellness thoughts are immaterial.

And yes, the biggest Wellness thing for me is twice a day I get to ride my bike. (hmm, perhaps I can swing a petrol subsidy under 'Wellness'.)
    *Encourage to take breaks and go for 10 min walk, or even to near by coffee shop. (we IT people hardly leave their seats, sometimes even during lunch)
    *Fresh fruits in staff rooms.
    *"Bike to work" breakfasts and free bike services. No, not motorbikes. I wish.
    *Again, encourage regular breaks if they are not doing. Make excuses or drag them out of their seats if needed. Those breaks do make a health difference.

They don't cost you much, or at all. If you are already doing them then awesome!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information