Thread: Honda NF75 (yes, weird i know) stator wiring.

Bike
    im a dreamer.

Honda NF75 (yes, weird i know) stator wiring.

Hi all. Thanks for any help you can give! I realise this is a pretty boring question.

I have a honda nf75. Its an old scooter thing, pretty oddball.

The wiring was a mess as the bike is essentially just a frame with wheels and engine (what more do you need) and no coil fitted. There were 3 coils in the box and i have just purchased a new one to eliminate that as a problem.

The loom has been mostly removed.

Coming from the engine/stator are four wires. Black/yellow, pink, green and white.

White runs into a diode box and comes out the other side as a red wire.

The green wire branches off into two. One green goes into the rectifier along with the black and yellow- theres a black and white coming out of the rectifier.

The pink ans white go nowhere.

Theres a condenser on the frame (no idea where its wire goes)

Can anyone tell me which wire should go to the coil? Should it branch off and go to the condenser?

I have tried searching and youtube but everything is just slightly different enough to make no sense (and nothing i try works anyway)

Bike
    im a dreamer.
    I should also mention that with one of the oil coils connected- every time i kicked the bike over i got a shock through the frame lhahaha

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbrick View Post
    I should also mention that with one of the oil coils connected- every time i kicked the bike over i got a shock through the frame lhahaha
    There very simple looms . U sound like ur way more ahead of me .
    Make sure u got a wire to ground frame . Alot bikes have wire right if negitive battery terminal . The kibarys have some motorcycle manualls . Do a search on the net bound to be a forum on honda mfs . Isint that a 2 stroke . Or does it use the c 50 90 ct 110 engine . That has no clutch and 3 speed s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    im a dreamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    There very simple looms . U sound like ur way more ahead of me .
    Make sure u got a wire to ground frame . Alot bikes have wire right if negitive battery terminal . The kibarys have some motorcycle manualls . Do a search on the net bound to be a forum on honda mfs . Isint that a 2 stroke . Or does it use the c 50 90 ct 110 engine . That has no clutch and 3 speed s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi mate.

Thanks for the reply.

The earth is actually a very good suggestion. I was assuming that the frame was already earthed to the motor however its on rubber bushes so could well be the problem!

The motor is a 71cc 2 stroke. Its got one of hondas very earliest CVT drives- I have taken the covers off so its all exposed- looks pretty neat.

The bike is being built up just so that I can do occasional weekend runs with a moped club- frame is completely stripped, flat front bars, cafe racer style seat with rear bulge which is also the fuel tank.

I just need to get this wiring sorted.

Unfortunately its an extremely oddball bike- there is hardly any information online about them!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbrick View Post
    Hi mate.

Thanks for the reply.

The earth is actually a very good suggestion. I was assuming that the frame was already earthed to the motor however its on rubber bushes so could well be the problem!

The motor is a 71cc 2 stroke. Its got one of hondas very earliest CVT drives- I have taken the covers off so its all exposed- looks pretty neat.

The bike is being built up just so that I can do occasional weekend runs with a moped club- frame is completely stripped, flat front bars, cafe racer style seat with rear bulge which is also the fuel tank.

I just need to get this wiring sorted.

Unfortunately its an extremely oddball bike- there is hardly any information online about them!
    Yeah i kinda remembered the model they where brand new . thats how old i am aghhhh. good on you have fun guys the old bikes seem to be getting restored. seen some cool step tru conversions . local Honda mechanic did.
    My ns 250 engine had big metal rubber mounts . early 80,s model.

Keep us updated i be real intrested see how you get on. i did do a search found quite a few pics of these bikes. utube vids seem to go pretty well much quicker than my old Honda c90 did.

Thread Information