Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Customs Rant

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post

I lke to supportr local shops. But when it takes bread of my kids table I have to make a decision that is best for my family. (I also like that we can be back out racing the next w/e...)

Need to also mention that never has my bits got stuck at a courier/customs even if more than $400...
    I agree, I like to support local dealers too, but when their service is sub-standard and they charge twice as much I quickly lose my altruism. If the parts were in stock I might even be prepared to pay a little more. The retailers always justify high prices by saying we are are a small market, high overheads etc.

Cheers

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    I agree, I like to support local dealers too, but when their service is sub-standard and they charge twice as much I quickly lose my altruism. If the parts were in stock I might even be prepared to pay a little more. The retailers always justify high prices by saying we are are a small market, high overheads etc.

Cheers
    I'm with you. Though it's not always the fault of the local retailers.

I had cause a few months back to contact a local bicycle retailer to ask if he could match an online price I had found. His response is that the manufacturer charged him more than the online retail price, so he recommended I buy online.

The fact that we consume feck all makes the supply chain slow and expensive.

Bike
    Yamaha MT-09
    So what I gather from reading this thread is that my fork cartridges and rear shock with current status "Held for clearance" - probably aren't going anywhere soon

Thread Information