Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Final-drive oil for Suzuki UZ125... where is the filler hole?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    26th February 2004 - 17:26
    Bike
    2000 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    98

    Final-drive oil for Suzuki UZ125... where is the filler hole?

    Hi,

    Most scooters I've come across before have a final-drive oil-filler hole up top near the back wheel. But no sign of it on my UZ125. Does this scoot even have final-drive oil? Must do right? But spinning the back wheel it sounds pretty dry in there. Whats going on?

    Cheers for any help
    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,512
    Blog Entries
    7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    Hi,

    Most scooters I've come across before have a final-drive oil-filler hole up top near the back wheel. But no sign of it on my UZ125. Does this scoot even have final-drive oil? Must do right? But spinning the back wheel it sounds pretty dry in there. Whats going on?

    Cheers for any help
    Chris
    Most scotters are cvt belts well i laways thought they where a like not a chain in the linked kind but a metal belt .these whould need lube belts not. it be the last thing u need so i suspect a belt drive. my 250 scotter has a belt.

    and relfection cars whould need metal belts so perhaps scotters dont have a cvt oil supply at all .
    never read of one
    watched a you tube and seems simple job to replace the belt . 30.00 bucks
    so just take of the cover and have a look at the sqaure blocks under the belt to see how worn they look .
    From what i have heard a car cvt needs high quaulity special fulid or oil but its like changed like not so often and smaller amounts .
    I have no idea how a cvt scotter is maintained . my nh 80 honda 2 stroke it was left and always went fine .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    26th February 2004 - 17:26
    Bike
    2000 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    98
    Found it, the fill and drain ports were hidden underneath the CVT cover.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    26th February 2004 - 17:26
    Bike
    2000 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Most scotters are cvt belts well i laways thought they where a like not a chain in the linked kind but a metal belt .these whould need lube belts not. it be the last thing u need so i suspect a belt drive. my 250 scotter has a belt.

    and relfection cars whould need metal belts so perhaps scotters dont have a cvt oil supply at all .
    never read of one
    watched a you tube and seems simple job to replace the belt . 30.00 bucks
    so just take of the cover and have a look at the sqaure blocks under the belt to see how worn they look .
    From what i have heard a car cvt needs high quaulity special fulid or oil but its like changed like not so often and smaller amounts .
    I have no idea how a cvt scotter is maintained . my nh 80 honda 2 stroke it was left and always went fine .
    Yeah, most scooters are CVT/belt driven (completely dry), but they also usually have a few fixed gears on the output of the CVT system before the back wheel. These gears need lube, which is usually just engine oil (as opposed to specific gear oil), with a fill and drain hole lurking around.

    Thanks though, I found the fill drain holes after taking off the CVT cover.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,512
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    Yeah, most scooters are CVT/belt driven (completely dry), but they also usually have a few fixed gears on the output of the CVT system before the back wheel. These gears need lube, which is usually just engine oil (as opposed to specific gear oil), with a fill and drain hole lurking around.

    Thanks though, I found the fill drain holes after taking off the CVT cover.
    thanks know i know so thats for posting the qwestion and the answer ;-)

    I take 2 ltrs of oil down with me and change the engine oil and have some left over for the gear part. i can check the belt too . before i leave .
    I should be able to do this is some car park easy enough . ;-). or park .
    i price a cvt belt online and at honda here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    8th June 2011 - 19:31
    Bike
    SuperScooter 2010
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    75
    Don't use engine oil in the rear hub. EDIT OK I might be wrong, looks like Suzuki do recommend engine oil for the hub on their scooters.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    26th February 2004 - 17:26
    Bike
    2000 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper2T View Post
    Don't use engine oil in the rear hub. EDIT OK I might be wrong, looks like Suzuki do recommend engine oil for the hub on their scooters.
    Yeah, weird ay.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •