Thread: Husqvarna TR650 recall 2017 - Just do it.

Bike
    TR650 Husky

Husqvarna TR650 recall 2017 - Just do it.

Hi guys, for any of you with a TR650 or thinking of buying one. These are the last of the BMW 650 singles and tuned to 58hp. Like a good looking F650 with more power.
    Anyway, if you have a look on line you will find plenty of references to this bike, and the BMW G650 equivalent, having an issue with occasional stalling at idle or when coming off the throttle.
    It seemed the issue had fallen on deaf ears, especially once BMW had sold Husky to KTM. However it became a safety issue as people were stalling in busy traffic.
    So there is a world wide recall. Contact your local Husqvarna dealer. They will send your ECU back to Magnetti Mirelli in Italy for a complete remap. Take 2 weeks.

My ECU heads off today. From what I have read the bikes run much better with the new map. So you might as well get on to it while it is available and free.
    I will report back when my ECU returns.

https://www.vehiclerecallsafety.nzta.govt.nz/

Details:

Recalled:
    18 May 2017

Statement:
    Market monitoring has shown isolated cases of occasional stalling in the engines of TR 650 Terra and TR 650 Strada model vehicles . If the engine stalls, this could lead to dangerous riding conditions and pose a safety hazard to the rider and other road users.

Instructions:
    Owners will be sent a letter to advise them of the recall. Owners should contact an authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer to arrange a booking as the ECU of the vehicle has to be remapped at an external supplier's facility.

www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com

Campaign Number:
    TI_91_315168

Craig Brown

Email:
    craig.brown@hqva.com.au

Product Identifiers:
    TR650 2013 - 2014

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke
    Did the ECU come back ?

Better ?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Nit my bike but I know the guy. AFAIK it came back better, but since then the bike has been sold (medical reason) and he no longer rides.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information