Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Bike, Auckland Airport.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    yeah that was "Navy Boy" on here, his Guzzi pinched from airport on the 22nd, probably parked next to yours...

Sorry to hear it wasn't an isolated case

Almost worth buying a shit scooter to do the errands, and keep the proper flash bike locked up till the weekend
    Yep - I feel your pain my friend.

Re the scooter - That's exactly what I've done. The insurance company has been on the phone telling me what they think it's worth... Enough to make you cry really...

I had precisely the same response about the CCTV. It almost makes you think that it's an inside job...

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    I fucken hate thieves
    I got to smack one in the face this week. My garage door is still fucked and I've had to shift my stuff into a lockup but so far I reckon it's 1-0 to me. Cunts.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I got to smack one in the face this week. My garage door is still fucked and I've had to shift my stuff into a lockup but so far I reckon it's 1-0 to me. Cunts.
    pity it wasn't a permanent solution.

I suppose now you will be charged with assault and battery. System sucks.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    It almost makes you think that it's an inside job...
    Sounds like it to me.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I suppose now you will be charged with assault and battery. System sucks.
    Not if the local constabulary have any say in it. Mind you, I haven't made it easy for them by assaulting the guy in front of two sworn uniformed officers

I'm actually feeling reasonably happy to plead guilty to common assault should I get charged - at this point in time at least. It was a pretty ordinary punch and I reckon any half-reasonable Judge would afford me a discharge without conviction under the circumstances, assuming that's legally possible.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Not if the local constabulary have any say in it. Mind you, I haven't made it easy for them by assaulting the guy in front of two sworn uniformed officers

I'm actually feeling reasonably happy to plead guilty to common assault should I get charged - at this point in time at least. It was a pretty ordinary punch and I reckon any half-reasonable Judge would afford me a discharge without conviction under the circumstances, assuming that's legally possible.
    The Law is an arse. Just you wait and see who the victim is in due course.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Yo momma
    any half-reasonable Judge
    There's your biggest problem.

Bike
    KTM950, Triumph T595, KLR 705
    Update to the airport theft saga: Monday the 22nd of Jan at 0319hrs Skygate have observed a Toyota van enter the carpark with a trailer, at 0328hrs the van drives out of the carpark with two motorcycles on the trailer, covered with a tarpaulin.

Cops called me the other day and said they have a suspect but no evidence. Case closed.

Lesson for the day: a security system is only as good as the operator: therefore take the bus.

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamJ View Post

Cops called me the other day and said they have a suspect but no evidence. Case closed.

That is just BS and lack of willingness to find the evidence. There is the van rego, the van will have a owner, the owner will have a place he lives, he will have mates he hangs out with, they will have a place they frequent where bikes etc. can be stored. But I suppose this is low priority when there are speeding tickets to write out!

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    That is just BS and lack of willingness to find the evidence. There is the van rego, the van will have a owner, the owner will have a place he lives, he will have mates he hangs out with, they will have a place they frequent where bikes etc. can be stored. But I suppose this is low priority when there are speeding tickets to write out!
    Lazy law enforcement.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    All of which is rendered null and void by a novel invention: a stolen license plate

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    All of which is rendered null and void by a novel invention: a stolen license plate
    Yep. Apart from, as it seems, the police has found someone who they suspect...

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Update to the airport theft saga: Monday the 22nd of Jan at 0319hrs Skygate have observed a Toyota van enter the carpark with a trailer, at 0328hrs the van drives out of the carpark with two motorcycles on the trailer, covered with a tarpaulin.

Lesson for the day: a security system is only as good as the operator: therefore take the bus.

Have sent you a PM.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    If that location is being targeted then a Bait bike with a tracker on it
    My DR has a sat tracker on it, reminds me I must top up the account.... $160 plus sim card plus $20 credit a year.....

Anyhow I'll let the DR take one for the team if everyone chips in for a decent hotel with a spa and some quality high class hookers for the night...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car...d83f90a4ccc4b2
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

We have over 40 cameras at my work... even high quality stuff is really only good for catching someone you already know/recognise.... if our govt cared they would mandate plate recognition cameras at major places like this with high turnover, hooked up to INCIS/whatever so even stolen plate gets picked up. Also they could have a system where if you know your not back till date X then your vehicle doesn't leave till date x. And absolutely no vehicles with trailers...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information