Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Call for motorcyclists to stop 'lane splitting' overtaking after 10 riders die in Jan

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    That is NOT what the article actually SAID.

They stated Lane splitting should be banned because 10 motorcyclists died on our roads and Lane splitting is dangerous.

Read it carefully for yourself and see.
    It is implied.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    It is implied.
    Implication's are not statements ... if they didn't say it ... it wasn't said.

Any conclusion reached by readers ... does not make it fact.

Probably was the intention of the writer ... And it worked.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Yamaha MT-09
    I just did the Devil's Staircase this week....but was stuck behind hundreds of campervans and caravans. Even if I'd been intending to set a record, wouldn't have been possible this week.

Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    yeah, i call bullshit on that, as an example, trip from Riverton to Queenstown airport is about 195km and can be done easily in 2 hrs

the trip from Welcome Bay in tauranga to auckland airport is 199km and took us 3 hrs thanks to dickheads not passing when they could do so safely,

and as a side note, I have it on very good authority that the trip from Riverton to Queenstown has been done considerably quicker than 2 hrs, the devils staircase is awesome in the wee small hrs of the morning, really heightens the senses

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    I just did the Devil's Staircase this week....but was stuck behind hundreds of campervans and caravans. Even if I'd been intending to set a record, wouldn't have been possible this week.
    the devils staircase is relatively short in the scheme of things and if heading south there is ample opportunity to pass the land maggots. when on bike even the staircase still allows for passing but not so much in the car

Thread Information