Thread: New to Forum but not new to bikes

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750 SD 2007 Buell XB12Ss

New to Forum but not new to bikes

I've belonged to a few model and brand-specific forums but never to this one of a general Kiwi biking nature, so about time to give it a whirl.

My first ride on a motorcycle was in 1946 when I was five and on my own bikes since 1958 and now I'm (literally) a greybeard on either the 2007 Buell XB12Ss I've owned since new or a 2014 Honda NC750 SD owned since Sept 2017. The Honda is a dual clutch transmission job bought because arthritis is making normal gear changing painful after about 30 minutes riding.

I ride weekly with a small group of other oldies and on my own as often as the mood takes me. Being retired has a lot to recommend it.

Organised group rides open to all-comers scare me so I never participate now, having been witness to deaths and serious crashes.

Once belonged to the IXION club in Wellington but never a club member since.

Author of The Bikers Bible and builder of the Allardice Hybrid now in the Southward museum.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Welcome along to KB Graham, seems to me there are many here in KB who might enjoy a chat with you.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Hi Graham, good to see you one here and to hear how the suspension upgrade is going on the other thread.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamA View Post
    I've belonged to a few model and brand-specific forums but never to this one of a general Kiwi biking nature, so about time to give it a whirl.

My first ride on a motorcycle was in 1946 when I was five and on my own bikes since 1958 and now I'm (literally) a greybeard on either the 2007 Buell XB12Ss I've owned since new or a 2014 Honda NC750 SD owned since Sept 2017. The Honda is a dual clutch transmission job bought because arthritis is making normal gear changing painful after about 30 minutes riding.

I ride weekly with a small group of other oldies and on my own as often as the mood takes me. Being retired has a lot to recommend it.

Organised group rides open to all-comers scare me so I never participate now, having been witness to deaths and serious crashes.

Once belonged to the IXION club in Wellington but never a club member since.

Author of The Bikers Bible and builder of the Allardice Hybrid now in the Southward museum.
    Welcome Graham . i meet a 70 year old few years ago rides a cbr 250
    Great to talk to . its real inspratinal to witness a guy thats never stoped riding all those years. loved the article on the suspension . nc 750.
    Whats your thoughts on the bike . id be keen but there always naging dobt i miss the clutch lever. i have owned a scotter cvt. i ahve ridden a custom honda nc 700 engine and i thought it was cool . engine had alot charcter.
    I had read the opposite and didnt find the lower rev limit and thing . that stop the enjoyment. it was only 10 min test ride though.
    i want a bike i can get more econemy. becuase lets face it fuel is expensive.

I been on the one model forums too and find this alot better esp as its local.
    But more than that you might get one reply on there this is more supportive. u get more colour full language on here , than the usa sites . more humour too.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750 SD 2007 Buell XB12Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Welcome Graham

NC 750. What's your thoughts on the bike? id be keen but there always nagging doubt i miss the clutch lever. i have owned a scooter cvt. i have ridden a custom Honda NC 700 engine and i thought it was cool . engine had a lot of character.
    I had read the opposite and didn't find the lower rev limit and thing that stop the enjoyment. it was only 10 min test ride though.
    i want a bike i can get more economy. because lets face it fuel is expensive.

I been on the one model forums too and find this alot better esp as its local.
    But more than that you might get one reply on there this is more supportive. u get more colour full language on here , than the usa sites . more humor too.
    Thanks for the welcome. Being local and of a general nature are what appeal to me too. I will do a post about my NC but for now I'll just say that it's the perfect bike for me at the moment. Unusual for sure but with some clever features. So far I've never reached for the missing clutch lever on the NC but have done a couple of times recently on my Buell when coming to a stop!

Thread Information