Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My poor bike

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    This is what i mean u dont give them a hint of or whiff of that . u need to have somone if the start down that road thats bs u payed for replacement thats what you expect . its not your job to hunt down the company or the driver . just a mistake all make them . your insurance company wont have to pay a cent dont let them of the hook get a new bike.
    I be saying look am not taking it back replace know . not next week.
    They make millions each year for doing knowing. in the 70 percent of policys.

You should have a loaner bike . no way i but up with this.

Yo have to be firm with "what u not expect " What U want . know not in a few days weeks.

Policy has the same 12-month replacement clause noted above, however, I may just be out of luck depending on exactly when first registered (I bought it in March 17 but it was registered before that).

All in all, pretty shit birthday. Missed my lunch AND my bike is screwed. But if I get a new one it'll be a good replacement birthday present, ha![/QUOTE]

Bike
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=HEsch;1131083770]To be clearer, I have contacted insurance, so there's no concern there. Bike is fully insured with Star (via KiwiBike), I

There will be if you let them there all the same. put your foot down.

Star the guy that list loads on trademe cars too he had theat lambo going cheap that was real munted . bikes most them are front end damaged.

I looked buying de reg bikes of him there all are . a cbr 900rr he got shitty i made opssie moment didnt have the money there and then so he like dont waste my time. so dont let him waste yours i got another accident damaged fireblade down south .

I understand where your coming from i do the same go through all the senerios.thats a good thing
    To be prepared but dont stress to much like i say i never had a issue and i had 3 claims .in the 80,s none since touch wood.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    HEsch: yep, that sucks. Sympathies, hope your situation gets sorted out soon. I can't offer an opinion on written off / repaired unfortunately.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    From what the shop says, not a write off. I don't know if the shop have included absolutely everything that got damaged (it has never been in another incident so all scrapes and gashes are from Friday) so that's the next thing to make sure of.

No footage from cops yet but I will go to the station to file the report 'for the record'.

Will contact insurance today to get an update on the process, everything is slow due to extra long weekend.

Bike
    KTM
    If it's your primary mode of transport then that will impact the decision, as repairing could take ages if parts are hard to find, or have to be brought in from overseas

good luck!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Who is your insurance policy with? The Vero Golightly one replaces the bike if under 12 months. And from your description it would be a given under that policy.
    Thamk you Alan full stop the end.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=HEsch;1131084289]From what the shop says, not a write off. I don't know if the shop have included absolutely everything that got damaged (it has never been in another incident so all scrapes and gashes are from Friday) so that's the next thing to make sure of.

No it isint they cant prove it wasint dont give it a second thought honestly this is dam silly . again if its replacement poilcy whats all this nonsecne in aid of .
    even if it was to be repaired its still nonsence dreamt up by a pen pusher.
    you going repaint a tank u repaint the tank u dont stuff about .
    Okay they repace plastic abs pannels they can be welded sanded and repainted but again thats there choice. most bikes written of and all you need to do strip all the plastic of . like i did and ride the bike . looks ugly as hell but who cares .

I dad did a claim for me helmet (they said it needed testing "ignored"
    i knew u have to destory to test, even at that age . next .
    i was riding In dad s best suit " neither confirm or deny " suitable torn in place,s dads are the best he wasint going see his son screwd by the company . i been having real issues with the speedo , had it looked at by expert gauge
    man i crashed the bike damaged it. just still wasint perfect. dad inspects the bike . gets a rock . fill in the blanks .... did i tell them speedo was wavering nope did it cause the crash nope . some old guy in car did that for me.
    did i think last bit was right not really . if i know his plan i said no dad leave it. whould i claim on the suit if i was in the same . sitwation. no i whould not its not in my make up . am too honest . i even told the cop i was doing 70lph in a 50 kph zone . well i said i was going a bit faster than 50kph . he was okay . he chould see i was in shock , i think wof was slighty out as well bike shop ignored it . and its didnt effect the outcome in any way . i had no time to reaact. it was like , see the car in my path 1.2 bang.

If was draged up on tow truck i be like Fuck off whith that shit . u send a van or u can get knoted dude. after all its your properity . am prepared to give me a hand getting on the truck fine . and lying it down on its side also fine.but cant satnd lazy atttitides.

example i brought my main bike was more damaged than yours . and arranged transport down here . had some cool vol from kiwibiker . took there time for a complete stanger me arranged to meet . saw the damaged bike it was a mess . of broken fairings , wreaked front end . whould not wheel .
    . like only Only the driver .whould been impossible .
    Not companys vault the drive was not suited to get a high wide truck down.

my vol chould just said to hell with jam it in all sweet. but no they made sure it was looked after.
    Even emailed me and said what time it left and all went well amazing.

Thanks guys . know some unpaid Ametuers can do that . Motorclye insurance companys better get they act toghter .

This is mainly for people might read your message get the wrong idea . whats involved. not to get at you at all after all you do what u want to do . and if thats important to you that only the damage is repaired that was done in this accident all power to you . i problerly do the same .
    Just pointing out : you dont have to its your choice. but if the office lady says hay can you go check the bike . you can go cause your chance to see it but . just go nope tick the box . i whould think , its not even a box . to be honest.
    The Insurance Assement Guy go down look the sheet done by the bike shop look bottom price .
    And go yes no . to write of box done. he not going see the rusty scrape on the exhust pipe .

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    I can't really follow your logic.

At this point, from what the shop have said verbally, it doesn't look like damage is significant enough to write off.
    I'm going to make sure they have included every single damaged part for replacement. If they don't, 1) my bike's not being put back to the condition it was in on Friday morning 2) it might not get written off, it might get repaired (damage not significant enough). The replacement policy is for total or constructive total loss - not half of total loss - my interest is in making sure the items needing repair push the value up to constructive total loss.

I'm not going to let them leave stuff out of the claim.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    From what the shop says, not a write off. I don't know if the shop have included absolutely everything that got damaged (it has never been in another incident so all scrapes and gashes are from Friday) so that's the next thing to make sure of.

No footage from cops yet but I will go to the station to file the report 'for the record'.

Will contact insurance today to get an update on the process, everything is slow due to extra long weekend.
    After a bash like that it will never be the same.

Bike
    Yo momma
    [QUOTE=actungbaby;1131084300]
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post

No it isint they cant prove it wasint dont give it a second thought honestly this is dam silly . again if its replacement poilcy whats all this nonsecne in aid of .
    even if it was to be repaired its still nonsence dreamt up by a pen pusher.
    you going repaint a tank u repaint the tank u dont stuff about .
    Okay they repace plastic abs pannels they can be welded sanded and repainted but again thats there choice. most bikes written of and all you need to do strip all the plastic of . like i did and ride the bike . looks ugly as hell but who cares .

I dad did a claim for me helmet (they said it needed testing "ignored"
    i knew u have to destory to test, even at that age . next .
    i was riding In dad s best suit " neither confirm or deny " suitable torn in place,s dads are the best he wasint going see his son screwd by the company . i been having real issues with the speedo , had it looked at by expert gauge
    man i crashed the bike damaged it. just still wasint perfect. dad inspects the bike . gets a rock . fill in the blanks .... did i tell them speedo was wavering nope did it cause the crash nope . some old guy in car did that for me.
    did i think last bit was right not really . if i know his plan i said no dad leave it. whould i claim on the suit if i was in the same . sitwation. no i whould not its not in my make up . am too honest . i even told the cop i was doing 70lph in a 50 kph zone . well i said i was going a bit faster than 50kph . he was okay . he chould see i was in shock , i think wof was slighty out as well bike shop ignored it . and its didnt effect the outcome in any way . i had no time to reaact. it was like , see the car in my path 1.2 bang.

If was draged up on tow truck i be like Fuck off whith that shit . u send a van or u can get knoted dude. after all its your properity . am prepared to give me a hand getting on the truck fine . and lying it down on its side also fine.but cant satnd lazy atttitides.

example i brought my main bike was more damaged than yours . and arranged transport down here . had some cool vol from kiwibiker . took there time for a complete stanger me arranged to meet . saw the damaged bike it was a mess . of broken fairings , wreaked front end . whould not wheel .
    . like only Only the driver .whould been impossible .
    Not companys vault the drive was not suited to get a high wide truck down.

my vol chould just said to hell with jam it in all sweet. but no they made sure it was looked after.
    Even emailed me and said what time it left and all went well amazing.

Thanks guys . know some unpaid Ametuers can do that . Motorclye insurance companys better get they act toghter .

This is mainly for people might read your message get the wrong idea . whats involved. not to get at you at all after all you do what u want to do . and if thats important to you that only the damage is repaired that was done in this accident all power to you . i problerly do the same .
    Just pointing out : you dont have to its your choice. but if the office lady says hay can you go check the bike . you can go cause your chance to see it but . just go nope tick the box . i whould think , its not even a box . to be honest.
    The Insurance Assement Guy go down look the sheet done by the bike shop look bottom price .
    And go yes no . to write of box done. he not going see the rusty scrape on the exhust pipe .
    What the fuck are you on about?

Bike
    ajs 350 trials

26 tonne concrete truck

well... I drive a concrete truck down in darfield and my truck can weigh up to 26 tonne when full
    so if the bike shop has not stripped the bike right down and checked that the frame is true you have the right to insist that it is done with a written report as without this your resale value would be compromised. the cost of this may nudge the cost of repair over the threshold.
    if you are not happy with the repair work done you have the right not to accept the bike back until you are happy with it..... some bike shops are not all that interested in doing an in depth examination as they don't really re coup their costs.
    the ball is in your court....you may need to unleash your inner pit bull.
    best of luck .rob.
    riding history into the future since ages ago.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Interesting to note that the English language hasn't made it to this thread yet.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    [QUOTE=jasonu;1131084339]
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post

What the fuck are you on about?
    I wondered the same thing.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Quote Originally Posted by robajs View Post
    well... I drive a concrete truck down in darfield and my truck can weigh up to 26 tonne when full
    so if the bike shop has not stripped the bike right down and checked that the frame is true you have the right to insist that it is done with a written report as without this your resale value would be compromised. the cost of this may nudge the cost of repair over the threshold.
    if you are not happy with the repair work done you have the right not to accept the bike back until you are happy with it..... some bike shops are not all that interested in doing an in depth examination as they don't really re coup their costs.
    the ball is in your court....you may need to unleash your inner pit bull.
    best of luck .rob.
    Thanks Rob. I'll be a nice pitbull unless I really need them to listen... I worked in insurance for a bit so I know how it goes - if you abuse the assessors/staff, they're less likely to want to find a positive outcome for you. To be fair the assessor who has my claim seemed very on to it when I spoke to him yesterday (he was surprised the shop was even suggesting it was repairable).
    Certainly no complaints about conversations with insurance staff so far!

Going to ring the shop today for an update and see what's able to be put on paper.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=HEsch;1131084466]
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post

I wondered the same thing.
    Well if you want be a dick about it . i wonder what the fuck you think your

Doing you dont seem to have a clue how to go about a claim you letting them lead you around.

I chould say whats going on , is typical insurance company . well No .

My company just sorted it . and i had new bike in 2 weeks . good god man sounds like bs to me . its not a write of why where you dribbling on about it then.

all your saying doesint add up one bit . the bike shop should be pricing the parts . and most of it is labour as well . i chould look at it , in 30 mins see if it was a write off or not .

Take a look star auctions on trademe he has even got a parts list. buts its the bike shop time to put back toghter. so your never going work that out by yourself.

and again why are you its not your job .

IF it was my bike i know i have it sorted by know.

My idea of a replacemnt poilcy is just that with it stolen they replace like for like.
    I see damaged as the same thing . i whould not aacept a damaged playstion i whould have a new one. same for a Motorcycle. not this Over 50 % damaged bs
    IF the replacemnt policy is the same as the general one whats the extra premium for. just a waste of money .

Thread Information