• Yes

1 2.33%
  • No

42 97.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High beam

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    just recently had the ole load pipes save lives and "i ride with my headlight on full beam", my experience in more than a cpl of decades of riding and driving is that load pipes scare the shit out of most people because most of the time they don't know you are there until you are flying past and the modern headlights on bikes on full beam during the day can be very dazzling, but hey lets blind the fuckers in tin tops so they have an excuse to run into you, also causes target fixation and can make a bike seem a lot further away than it really is.

honestly in this day with so many cars now driving with headlights on then i would rather not have to have mine on. as a young fella my headlight was on all the time and then round the late nineties i seemed to have more cars pulling out in front of me and i figured they were misjudging my distance so i had an off switch fitted to the zzr and started riding with the light off and those instances stopped almost immediately then they went and changed the law.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Going over the kaimais on the weekend, flashing headlights did fuck all to get people into the slow vehicles lanes; so much so that I had to check my lights still worked at the next stop. Are people simply becoming so used to this stuff it is losing effect light high vis clothing?
    Valid point at work if you don't wear hi- vis people see you. A lot cars notice drive about with park lights on and not low beam.
    Myself not required to have a light on anytime of day as pre-1980 bike (never been stopped once by to check why no light on in all these years). My white helmet stands out more than any Lucas candle albeit upgraded with solid state elecys, relays and a halogen for night riding and possibly has been my saviour as stands out 360 unlike hi-viz which only visible side on or close up, from behind would be hidden by top box. Dawn and dusk i'll use the low beam.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information