Thread: Braided brake lines

Bike
    One with 2 wheels

Braided brake lines

Does anyone have any experience with any of the braided brake lines currently advertised on Trademe. Am asking because I want a set for my track bike. On my previous bike I had purchased from HEL a set of lines and received good service. This time, not so much. I rang them and was asked to ring back next week. I said I would email them, which I did but have had no response. Any thoughts or views appreciated.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    galfer goooo

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Put a set of HEL on a previous bike and I was very happy. Got them from the UK direct I think.

I'll only play with 'brand' names.

Bike
    bandit
    Braided lines make a HUGE difference - when I put them on my bikes I nearly dropped one the first day - it stopped so much quicker than the OEMs - wasn't expecting that and it nearly locked up.

Not sure about the ones on Trademe - one set I imported from pomlandia .. the other where custom built here.

If a seller can't be bothered answering you - look somewhere else ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Braided lines make a HUGE difference - when I put them on my bikes I nearly dropped one the first day - it stopped so much quicker than the OEMs - wasn't expecting that and it nearly locked up.
    Agree they make a difference but the huge difference you (and others) usually describe is due to the simple replacement with fresh brake fluid.

Change the brake fluid some years later on your now 'old' braided lines and you will also notice a improvement.

BUT, yes, braided lines are superior to rubber.

Thread Information