Thread: Honda xr 200 crank bearings right /left ?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Honda xr 200 crank bearings right /left ?

daft qwestion but as the bearings are diffrent left from right.

is the clutch side the right . and the left the cam chain side.

dam bearing company sent me 2 x right bearings .

I always thought u fitted these in a press . but tryed mine and it was a snug

Push fit with my hands.

id and width are the same but the left is 10 mm smaller in dia.

Okay i see the diffrence but a answer on the fitting whould be nice.

Just in case my plain crank bearings are bit to worn i dont have a

Verier caliper to measure yet .

Okay thanks in advance .

Also on the camchain cog and bush do these slid of or do i get engine marchist to remove these .

pic included
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-02-10 00.47.01 HDR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	587.6 KB 
ID:	335119  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    daft qwestion but as the bearings are diffrent left from right.

is the clutch side the right . and the left the cam chain side.

dam bearing company sent me 2 x right bearings .

Push fit with my hands.

id and width are the same but the left is 10 mm smaller in dia.

Okay i see the diffrence but a answer on the fitting whould be nice.

Just in case my plain crank bearings are bit to worn i dont have a

Verier caliper to measure yet .

Okay thanks in advance .

Also on the camchain cog and bush do these slid of or do i get engine marchist to remove these .

pic included
    clutch is the right. Cam-chain is the left.
    The left and the right side is when you are sitting on the bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    BSA A10
    I would have thought that was too loose a fit, I haven't done one yet that didn't need at least a tap with a hammer
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I would have thought that was too loose a fit, I haven't done one yet that didn't need at least a tap with a hammer
    Thanks man for reply . That be new or second hand crank realistically . I have abother engine . Older xr 200 r twin shock that had some wrong gearbox parts fitted . I just fit the orginal crank see how it goes . It ran okay .well did feel bit slow . Nephew thought engine was bit . Draging .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    clutch is the right. Cam-chain is the left.
    The left and the right side is when you are sitting on the bike
    Yeah i was getting headache :-) trying turn my brain to think view from looking at bike from front on. Or sitting . Like u said . Funny then looked at it as 10 mm is big diffrence . U can see even with my mr magoo vision . One is bigger cam chain side . Thats held on . With camchain cog . I take it to egine recon eginerners . Down the road the can measure to the specs in the book .or i might . Install the crank halfs . Then take right side of . Before with org bearing it . It stayed in the case . Not sure just fitting one new bearing a good idea . Also have the option going to bike wreaker here he had parts for engine well a spare crank case . I droped mine and had have case welded .so be intresting to see if its really oil tight .he may have a crank .u can take other new right bearing . To see how it fits .thanks again . Engines pretty rare know . Esp proper . Xr 200 r engines . Read where org black painted motors where . The best .the six speed .my one seemed lack punch was more a plodder .. I guess they might had diffrent cams .i enjoyed the close ratio gearbox . Mine didint have that feel .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i was getting headache :-) trying turn my brain to think view from looking at bike from front on. Or sitting . Like u said . Funny then looked at it as 10 mm is big diffrence . U can see even with my mr magoo vision . One is bigger cam chain side . Thats held on . With camchain cog . I take it to egine recon eginerners . Down the road the can measure to the specs in the book .or i might . Install the crank halfs . Then take right side of . Before with org bearing it . It stayed in the case . Not sure just fitting one new bearing a good idea . Also have the option going to bike wreaker here he had parts for engine well a spare crank case . I droped mine and had have case welded .so be intresting to see if its really oil tight .he may have a crank .u can take other new right bearing . To see how it fits .thanks again . Engines pretty rare know . Esp proper . Xr 200 r engines . Read where org black painted motors where . The best .the six speed .my one seemed lack punch was more a plodder .. I guess they might had diffrent cams .i enjoyed the close ratio gearbox . Mine didint have that feel .

I was going to get a wisco forged piston to get that . Xr 200 r punch . I only ever rode a friends back in 80,s for few mins . I striped the bike down got frame swing arm paited done swing arm bearings . ( all balls ) young guy used to race enduro . His dad fixed it . He said was more a plodder . Whould a worn crank effect this way . Seemed missed up the range when it was of pilot jet . I fitted new main jet and needle ran . Strong was tranformed then few mins just died . Cutbout . Like kill switch turned on . Werid unless reg gave out . I chouldint start it after been 3 year plus .actually more like 6 years omg . Just been doing other bikes.i think it put me of as spark arrestor in the head had missing insulaton pads . I thouht was cdi pick ups . Guy told me dont worry . Looked at ebay but rare to find dan expensive new . So i shelved the project . Thinking it whoulfint start without it.

Thread Information