Thread: Bandit 250 front pad removal

Bike
    1990, Suzuki GSA/Bandit 250

Bandit 250 front pad removal

Hi all,

I need to fit new front brake pads on my bandit 250 but for the life of me I can't work out how to remove the pad guide pins. I have changed my dirt bike pads numerous times but that has a single pad pin that simply unbolts from the caliper. This bike has two guide pins with no obvious way to remove them.... there's no clips, bolts or anything.

Any ideas?

Pic of caliper below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	335419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	335419

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Can't see the other side as both pics are the same, but I assume that the other side shows that the pins that hold the pad in place have either a hex (allen) key socket you have to undo, or a hex key socket that's hidden behind a plastic or rubber cap. Can you show us a pic of the other side?
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Sliding calipers. Push it back so pins give enough room for pad to come off.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Walking
    Yes, that pad carrier should push back into the caliper, allowing the pad to slide off the end of those big pins (seen in pic) holding it there.
    Sometime pad carrier will not move due to seizing up, and would need some force, (after which, once pad is off, you would remove pad carrier fully to clean and grease it's sliding pins.) If sliding well you should be able to push slider back with your thumbs.
    It bad cases you may need Heat on the Carrier slide pins part of the caliper to help unseize them.

Thread Information