Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Getting paid to ride a motorbike. Isn't life funny!

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    The work bike is the best 'performance upgrade' around for the non-work bike.

When I used to commute daily on the CBR250, the SV1000 always felt like a rocket when I rode it on the weekend.
    The 600 sure feels like a rocket after hopping off the postie bike. Just feels like it wants to spit me off whenever I try to go around a corner. Don't know why but possibly something to do with the centifugal force of the heavier tyres/wheels. The CT is just so nimble and chuckable. I can even do a U turn in my double garage without putting a foot down.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Hmmm. Well this is an unintended consequence. I'm seriously thinking of selling my 600 as the only times I've ridden it in the last 4.5 months are brief rides just to keep the battery charged and to turn the engine over. I do 600kms a week on the CT which is a hoot and with what me and Mrs Oakie get up to in the weekend, I just don't ride in the weekend. With insurance and registration alone, it'll cost me a grand a year to have sitting in the garage. (I get to keep the CT at home and use it for the commute.)

What a conundrum!
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    You're really liking that Honda then? I know its not a Super Cub but I also hope you are nice enough not to be spoiling that "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" jingle:

Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Here's a longer version of the old Honda adverts:

Cheers

Merv

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    The 600 sure feels like a rocket after hopping off the postie bike. Just feels like it wants to spit me off whenever I try to go around a corner. Don't know why but possibly something to do with the centifugal force of the heavier tyres/wheels. The CT is just so nimble and chuckable. I can even do a U turn in my double garage without putting a foot down.
    My 600 gixxer doesn't feel like it's trying to chuck me off going round corners...specially with S21 tyres on.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information