Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: paeroa live timing now on

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post

numbers on bikes to identify riders? Seem random.
    it's been said before.....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    Livestreaming doesn't affect my decision to attend an event, but it allows me to watch when I cant. Such as today, I was unable to go but watched several races via internet. This must help exposure for riders and their sponsors.

Watching it seems that there were less bikes there, are the numbers of competitors down?

Noticed something similar at the events last weekend at the Burt Munro in Invercargill
    pukekohe classics two weeks ago
    burt munro last weekend,
    paeroa street races this weekend
    sound of thunder at ruapuna next weekend
    new zealand superbike championships the next weekend

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    Livestreaming doesn't affect my decision to attend an event, but it allows me to watch when I cant.
    Three laps of The lead sidecar alone, with multiple seconds of dead track, and including his cooldown lap while there was exciting racing going on further down the field today cured me of ctas today.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Three laps of The lead sidecar alone, with multiple seconds of dead track, and including his cooldown lap while there was exciting racing going on further down the field today cured me of ctas today.
    Some years back at a Puke Classic festival, I happened to stand at the high point behind the pits for a couple of races. There was a guy there who was the producer/director for a crew filming the meeting. Via radio link he was directing which action to follow. He was pretty on to it. Between races I gave him a couple of names/numbers to follow in upcoming races (couldn't resist the chance to meddle...)
    Sounds like CTAS needs a better director.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    pukekohe classics two weeks ago
    burt munro last weekend,
    paeroa street races this weekend
    sound of thunder at ruapuna next weekend
    new zealand superbike championships the next weekend
    The calendar - at least for Classic/posties - is not good now since the Burt moved. If you do that the budget and time available suffer.
    But apparently they got more spectators - so as an income generator for Southland, it worked...
    And you missed a CAMS meeting at Ruapuna this weekend which a lot of the BEARS guys use as a tune up for the SoT.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    what you were seeing was a whole new different level from grant, it's the first time i've seen him use two moving cameras and he had a couple of static ones too, on top of this it was the first time he 's done paeroa so given that he does this all by himself usually flicking between one camera and two static ones he did well, we've been discussing how to make the transition from one set of bikes to another , identifying which set f bikes to zoom in on tc, it's not easy when the cameraman is the one doing it filming and doing this, not a director with multiple screens and that's there only job.
    normally with that shit you'd have multiple cameras streaming back to one spot and a 'director' choosing the shots etc but as said it's a little different.
    i was interested to hear the commenatator announce that the officials had nothing to do with the dramas at last years new zealand superbike championships and were totally innocent, they're still in denial big time.

Bike
    Exercycle
    So if you'd been commentating, and the club president had come to you and asked you to do the announcement of his guy's innocence, which option would you choose ?

Do it as a public service announcement "I have been asked to say..."

Decline...

Just stirring, Spyda.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    I was very appreciative of the livestream coverage, I know a few guys here in Wanganui who were also enjoying it.

Thank you to Jellywrestler and this forum for the heads up, I passed it on to those I knew who were unable to travel up there.

Must say Wanganui has produced some very good competitors in the past and the present.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    So if you'd been commentating, and the club president had come to you and asked you to do the announcement of his guy's innocence, which option would you choose ?

Do it as a public service announcement "I have been asked to say..."

Decline...

Just stirring, Spyda.
    they wouldn't, they know I know what went on, the commentator was losing lap scoring sheets all day long in the wind, that peice of paper would have also taken flight just quietly
    i did have a laugh when someone came up to him and clearly said 'there's a fucking drone over the race track'...

Bike
    CBR400R & ??????????
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    what you were seeing was a whole new different level from grant, it's the first time i've seen him use two moving cameras and he had a couple of static ones too, on top of this it was the first time he 's done paeroa so given that he does this all by himself usually flicking between one camera and two static ones he did well, we've been discussing how to make the transition from one set of bikes to another , identifying which set f bikes to zoom in on tc, it's not easy when the cameraman is the one doing it filming and doing this, not a director with multiple screens and that's there only job.
    normally with that shit you'd have multiple cameras streaming back to one spot and a 'director' choosing the shots etc but as said it's a little different.
    i was interested to hear the commenatator announce that the officials had nothing to do with the dramas at last years new zealand superbike championships and were totally innocent, they're still in denial big time.
    Spyda.
    Have you read the Sports Dispute Tribunals decision? I think not from your comments. Go to this link: http://www.sportstribunal.org.nz/ass...-Decision3.pdf

READ IT, Understand it. Maybe then you can comment.
    My Signature is my Reg No.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't riding this year (broken collarbone) so watching it on CTAS was excellent. For a one man band Grant does a hell of a job.

I'm already looking forward to next years event. I really enjoy the street races.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post

was that the side car, only got a fleeting look during one of the practise runs in the morning. Next time will try to get there earlier and get round the place for a better look.

most punters buggered off before the final race which was a beaut, as it was my favourite side car class and I was directly opposite the first corner........

the first corner had had some impressive riding both round it and some bailouts........ 9/10
    No a bright yellow 650 flat twin.

There were to BMW sidecar outfits, we have a secret handshake.

They called the races out in wrong order a couple of times, I've never seen someone go from shorts to fully leathered up so fast.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Came looking for you in the pits Volty, buggered if I could find you, caught up with Mad Max on the way in, seems we'd both ridden down at about the same time, pity, would have mean't 3 official members of the BFTP had ridden together fro the first time in yonks.
    Glad you enjoyed it, did see the bright yella airy, looked and sounded good.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Came looking for you in the pits Volty, buggered if I could find you, caught up with Mad Max on the way in, seems we'd both ridden down at about the same time, pity, would have mean't 3 official members of the BFTP had ridden together fro the first time in yonks.
    Glad you enjoyed it, did see the bright yella airy, looked and sounded good.
    Was down by pit entry, I built up the bike as a 500 but it put a valve thru a piston at HD in October. But I liked riding it so bunged in a 650 that had been sitting under the bench for a few years, swapped over the 30 mm Dells and took it to Timaru where it went ok again the Triumph 650's
    The gearing on a BMW twin is a bit tall but for a first time I was happy with 1:02 and the track, and even prize money
    I need a sponsor to help fund some 12:1 500 JE pistons and I'll be in business
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Can't find any results on Ctas or mylaps, can anyone suggest where they may be ?

Thread Information