Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paeroa live timing now on

Bike
    suzuki

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Brilliant thanks - couldnt make it this year

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Brilliant thanks - couldnt make it this year
    not many did. nice to be able to move, and ball-sweatingly hot without being pressed in a crowd.

makes me somewhat concerned about future viability though, with such small crowd numbers.

jelly, were u on commentatorial duties? i never listen to them so don't pay much attention

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    makes me somewhat concerned about future viability though, with such small crowd numbers.
    Class numbers weren't too flash either in a few of them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...it certainly looked like no-one went from the little bit I saw...I was going to watch the lot but out of the blue, the keys to a 2017, V4 Tuono were thrown at me, so I went and played on the Akaroa GP course...thank fuck the wanknasties were billing people elsewhere...nicest thing I have ever ridden

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    yeah well what was it, they ran jr classic with snr and superlight and pre 79... no-one got lapped on that one, that i saw...

chairs had fair numbers

Bike
    suzuki
    7 pre 82 i think
    12 formula three
    15 classics
    7 formula two
    8 classic sidecars
    12 formula one
    14 motards
    12 posties pre 89
    9 sidecars, dunno whether you could cross enter a f2 in f1?

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    The organisers and the competitors did a brilliant job with what they had, is how I'd put it.
    Have enjoyed this meeting more in the past with bigger fields and much more merchandinsing etc, I for one would buy a T shirt if 1 was available in a size over 2XL, which was the absolute limit for every one of the 3 or was it 4 tents selling official ones.
    The track and the places you can be around it is amazing, I hope more racers register for next year and I also hope the organisers get advertising out there sooner and in much more places.
    Paeroa you did yourselves proud,the welcoming and helpful people of Paeroa were out in force, the shops were open, Ratbag couldn't help diving into the Antique shops as we passed them, no worries gave us boys an excuse to sit down somewhere with shade and have an icecream or two.
    Racers, I take my hat off to you guys and girls, that road surface is F...ed up to hell and gone in some very important places and still you all managed to make getting around there at speed look easy, glad to see there was only one crash this afternoon of any note, hope the rider and machine are all good.
    Going back next year? I want too, I probably will,we've got to do our part and attend, to make it all worth while, afterall.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Great day, 72 BMW 650 ran well. Good track.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    not many did. nice to be able to move, and ball-sweatingly hot without being pressed in a crowd.

dont worry I was there

true, but I enjoyed what was there.

numbers on bikes to identify riders? Seem random. Occasionally unable to identify bike manfacturer.

would have brought a program at the entrance if available or in ticket price. Want to know in advance so I can be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    The organisers and the competitors did a brilliant job with what they had, is how I'd put it.
    Have enjoyed this meeting more in the past with bigger fields and much more merchandinsing etc, I for one would buy a T shirt if 1 was available in a size over 2XL, which was the absolute limit for every one of the 3 or was it 4 tents selling official ones.
    The track and the places you can be around it is amazing, I hope more racers register for next year and I also hope the organisers get advertising out there sooner and in much more places.
    Paeroa you did yourselves proud,the welcoming and helpful people of Paeroa were out in force, the shops were open, Ratbag couldn't help diving into the Antique shops as we passed them, no worries gave us boys an excuse to sit down somewhere with shade and have an icecream or two.
    Racers, I take my hat off to you guys and girls, that road surface is F...ed up to hell and gone in some very important places and still you all managed to make getting around there at speed look easy, glad to see there was only one crash this afternoon of any note, hope the rider and machine are all good.
    Going back next year? I want too, I probably will,we've got to do our part and attend, to make it all worth while, afterall.
    never been before. Had trouble identifying the bike entrance from the south, found it eventually. And some shade and a seat, badly needed.

yes hot in the sun.

a local gate steward thought the numbers were down from previous year.

agree Paeroa did itself proud by its running of this event.

well worth it, the various bike types and riding styles made it varied and good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Great day, 72 BMW 650 ran well. Good track.
    was that the side car, only got a fleeting look during one of the practise runs in the morning. Next time will try to get there earlier and get round the place for a better look.

most punters buggered off before the final race which was a beaut, as it was my favourite side car class and I was directly opposite the first corner........

the first corner had had some impressive riding both round it and some bailouts........ 9/10

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    a question,

did anyone on here not go because they could watch the livestream for free?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    a question,

i watched it, but had no idea it was going to be streamed, where was it advertised, it's not been done before to my knowledge

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    a question,

Ok, first I did go, which is somewhat of a miracle.

i would still go even if it’s livestreamed if I had the opportunity and the weather.
    it possibly wouldn’t be every year maybe every other or 3 years.

i went to the Cemetry Circuit and the Wanganui Jet boat races, because the opportunity and money was available. That was a couple of years back now.

i am not likely the KB person whom you seek.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    a question,

you'd have to bring the lawn mower inside for the authentic noise levels and eau de two stroke experience

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    a question,

Livestreaming doesn't affect my decision to attend an event, but it allows me to watch when I cant. Such as today, I was unable to go but watched several races via internet. This must help exposure for riders and their sponsors.

Watching it seems that there were less bikes there, are the numbers of competitors down?

Noticed something similar at the events last weekend at the Burt Munro in Invercargill

Thread Information