Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2018

Bike
    77 XL250
    I wasn't going to fall asleep during that race... Melandri does not scare easily. I would have had to stop and have a little lie down after the first shake.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I've got sort of bored with WSBK in recent years.. It was my favourite class for donkey's years, but Rea's dominance has spoiled it a little IMHO :/

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    The WSS race was the usual good stuff. Without dropping any spoilers, may I say that the winners girlfriend looked enthusiastic and a bit of fun indeed (In a scary sort of way).
    She only seems to smile when she's pregnant. Which is weird cos she was a brolly girl.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    The WSS race was the usual good stuff. Without dropping any spoilers, may I say that the winners girlfriend looked enthusiastic and a bit of fun indeed (In a scary sort of way).
    I thought the girlfriend looked like a chic out of Robert Palmers video clip (Simply Irresistible) hair pulled back and the bright red lippy ??? lol

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    77 XL250
    BSB this weekend chaps.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    BSB this weekend chaps.
    Ta for that Dadpole, had forgotten !!!

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    News from Eugene Laverty after the crash at Buriram.

Following his race two crash in Buriram, Eugene Laverty has been transported to Bangkok hospital where he will begin his recovery. Laverty suffered what was initially a small crash but unfortunately he was struck by another rider while sliding along the tarmac. Two fractures of the pelvis will heal without surgical intervention, however Laverty required a small operation on Sunday evening to repair internal injuries sustained in the crash. Laverty remains upbeat and is already eyeing a comeback at his home round at Donington Park in less than two months’ time.

“I’m obviously very disappointed that I will be forced to miss some races so early in the season but I count myself lucky that my injuries are not worse. The initial fear of lying on the ground and not being able to move my legs was something that I’ve never felt before. I’m very fortunate to have a fantastic group of people around me from my wife Pippa, my brother John who reacted fantastically during the key hours after the crash, and the entire Milwaukee Aprilia team who joined me in the hospital to make sure that I was in good hands. Due to my internal injuries I will be restricted in the first month of my recovery but following that we will push hard to ensure that my pelvis heals and I’m aiming to get back on the bike at my home round at Donington Park.”
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I've got sort of bored with WSBK in recent years.. It was my favourite class for donkey's years, but Rea's dominance has spoiled it a little IMHO :/
    Rea has only won once this season. It might be more interesting than last year.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    This weekend for WSB and don't forget BSB as well,coming on Sky in the early hours of Monday morn.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Yay, Racing without dramas. accusations and 42 pages of bitchslapping...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yay, Racing without dramas. accusations and 42 pages of bitchslapping...
    Ahhh short memory? I distinctly recall Biaggi bitch slapping Melandri in the pits at a Superbike round. And riders whinging about aggresive overtaking is staple fare at Superbike rounds. Johnnie Rae had a whinge about his team mate. Riders accuse other riders of taking them out deliberately e.g. Superglue & Laverty.

They too have enough drama for a soap opera.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    I was thinking about the Rossi vs Marquez fanboys.

I accept there is bitchslapping between riders in all codes. On a personal note, I am waiting for Baz to overtake Sykes and give him the finger while doing so.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking about the Rossi vs Marquez fanboys.

I accept there is bitchslapping between riders in all codes. On a personal note, I am waiting for Baz to overtake Sykes and give him the finger while doing so.
    Dorna have been playing with the rules in MotoGP and while we didn't like some of their solutions at the time, the result now is brilliant. Now Dorna or their successors need to take a look at Superbikes. There are repeated accusations of cheating but that strange second race format can produce some intense racing. Be nice to have close racing in race one though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Little Johnny great ride in Race 1, seemed to be in control.

Now for the idiotic handicapping of Race 2 , punishment for winning or placing top three.

Brilliant day dawning outside,time for a fang me thinks .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Bugga! I just went to watch Race 2 and whatever else they deigned to let us see and I've done something stupid so that it wasn't recorded. I did have it entered so must have accidentally deleted it. Ah well, it's the half hour highlites package this arvo I guess.

Thread Information