Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2018

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Bugga! I just went to watch Race 2 and whatever else they deigned to let us see and I've done something stupid so that it wasn't recorded. I did have it entered so must have accidentally deleted it. Ah well, it's the half hour highlites package this arvo I guess.
    Lol cocked my copying the other day, didn't adjust for the end of Days ! (daylight saving ! ).

ps But hey,have 5 hours of BSB if I so choose today ? (its pissing down down here in the Horowhenua.)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    77 XL250
    I was at deaths door with Manflu and Diphtheria so was in no condion to stay up and watch. "No problem" thinks I. A visit to a torrent site will provise the downloads. Not a sausage...

Next port of call is youtube - normally a good source of any racing. Well. Bugger me. If you are after a laugh have a look on Youtube for the Aragon race. We have a moron with a tiny side screen of the race and the rest filled with crap, but my favourite is the genius who thought it was a cunning plan to slice out a couple of seconds every ten(ish) seconds.

I don't expect much for free, but why go to all that trouble to put up unwatchable crap?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I was at deaths door with Manflu and Diphtheria so was in no condion to stay up and watch. "No problem" thinks I. A visit to a torrent site will provise the downloads. Not a sausage...

Next port of call is youtube - normally a good source of any racing. Well. Bugger me. If you are after a laugh have a look on Youtube for the Aragon race. We have a moron with a tiny side screen of the race and the rest filled with crap, but my favourite is the genius who thought it was a cunning plan to slice out a couple of seconds every ten(ish) seconds.

I don't expect much for free, but why go to all that trouble to put up unwatchable crap?
    Manflu ! that's serious !

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yeah. The only known cure is malt whisky.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Not according to my wife.

It struck the day after I did 6 hours on the woodsplitter so I felt very sorry for myself.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Yeah. The only known cure is malt whisky.
    Not according to my wife.

It struck the day after I did 6 hours on the woodsplitter so I felt very sorry for myself.
    Around here, thats a week off guys ! Breakie in bed the whole works.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The fuck is this rev limit bullshit?

That's fucken bollucks!

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The fuck is this rev limit bullshit?

That's fucken bollucks!
    I'm not liking the rules this year. Admittedly those rules are making the racing pretty good, but I much prefer 1 set of rules that applies to everybody. Also, the grid rearranging for the second race is for-the-benefit-of-tv-audiences bullshit.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    I was at deaths door with Manflu and Diphtheria so was in no condion to stay up and watch.
    Diphtheria? Jesus.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I'm not liking the rules this year. Admittedly those rules are making the racing pretty good, but I much prefer 1 set of rules that applies to everybody. Also, the grid rearranging for the second race is for-the-benefit-of-tv-audiences bullshit.
    We whinged about the rule changes in MotoGP when they started but the result is brilliant. People talk about the golden age of GPs, THIS is the golden age of GPs - until next year? We can only hope the SBK changes will work as well. I see Yamaha want relief from a rule change in the 300 class. It's probable everybody, except whoever is winning, wants a rule change.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    We whinged about the rule changes in MotoGP when they started but the result is brilliant. People talk about the golden age of GPs, THIS is the golden age of GPs - until next year? We can only hope the SBK changes will work as well. I see Yamaha want relief from a rule change in the 300 class. It's probable everybody, except whoever is winning, wants a rule change.
    There's always been lots of whinging about rule changes, but I like how the changes in MotoGP are aimed at trying to get the less successful teams up to the most successful teams. The rule changes in WorldSBK end up penalizing the successful teams (adjusted rev limits etc) and winning the first race of the weekend scores the winner a 3rd row start.

People who talk about the Golden Age of GPs etc are usually doing so with rose tinted glasses. The racing now is closer than it ever has been (first to last) and the last race saw 3 satellite bikes in the front 4, it's amazing stuff. But if anyone asked me what the best years for GPs were I'd say the 990 years.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    husaberg
    There's always been lots of whinging about rule changes, but I like how the changes in MotoGP are aimed at trying to get the less successful teams up to the most successful teams. The rule changes in WorldSBK end up penalizing the successful teams (adjusted rev limits etc) and winning the first race of the weekend scores the winner a 3rd row start.

People who talk about the Golden Age of GPs etc are usually doing so with rose tinted glasses. The racing now is closer than it ever has been (first to last) and the last race saw 3 satellite bikes in the front 4, it's amazing stuff. But if anyone asked me what the best years for GPs were I'd say the 990 years.
    While some might say the golden age ended with the max number of cylinder rules introduced about 68
    The goldern age of GPs I believe was when you could go by a pretty cheap bike and mix it with the factories this ended in about 85.for the 500's or 90 for the 250's or 95 for the 125's
    the golden age for open class GP competition ended in about 1980 to 1995 when HP was so far ahead of tyres and chassis any one of many could win and it was the guys with the biggest balls that took the glory.
    F=all PR parasites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    We're sorta in the wrong thread here but... I first got interested in 1959, the Ulster 350 that year was close, Shepherd gave Surtees a close enough run that MV had the AJS measured. That was a one-off. In the early 60s, there were a few tight races but not so much. I think it was a wet race in Zandvoort, Hugh Anderson fell off his Suzuki twice and still won the race. Later Ago was winning races after lapping the field.

The 990s were good, that V5, and I did get to see them in action at PI but...

Meanwhile back on topic, I'm still not sure about the race 2 format. It makes the top guys work, and it was organised so as not to put the slower guys too near the front as that would be too dangerous, but it still looks a bit hairy sometimes.

I see there's a new kid in BSB has rocketed to stardom, Bradley Ray. He wears glasses which is unusual, but he's picked to go "international" sooner rather than later.

Busy weekend coming up.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    What grizzled old racer who has ever faced a starting flag thinks being handicapped in a second Race is a great idea after placing 1,2 or 3rd in the first leg ?
    I don't know any ? (is it the NEW idea that we are all the same and there are no losers. Maybe give everyone a medal for just being there ???? ) .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    What grizzled old racer who has ever faced a starting flag thinks being handicapped in a second Race is a great idea after placing 1,2 or 3rd in the first leg ?
    I don't know any ? (is it the NEW idea that we are all the same and there are no losers. Maybe give everyone a medal for just being there ???? ) .
    I did see the situation compared to the movie Rollerball which was set in a time after corporations had taken over the government and the increasingly violent sport was used to keep the masses entertained. In the USA the part about corporations taking over the government isn't fiction any more, so perhaps we should be cautious in our enthusiasm.

Thread Information