Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2018

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I won't post anything much so as to not spoil it. But I'm keen to see who takes on Sykes with a contract and where he goes ?????
    Never any doubt he can qualify well ,at least?
    The trademark grin is getting stretched to manic axe murderer proportions after every race.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Good second race.

Bike
    Blade '12

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's a bit sad really. Sykes rode the Kawasaki when it wasn't a winner. He'd start out at the head of the field then the tyres would give out. When that was eventually fixed he won the races and he won the title. Then he got a new team mate...

I wouldn't have thought that Leon Haslam was the best possible replacement, he might just reveal how good Sykes is.

Be interesting to see where Sykes goes, there aren't that many top rides available.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Isn't the new Duc' V4 going to be homolgated for WSBK next year?

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...over-in-jerez/

I wonder if Sykes can talk his way into that garage.. I'd hire him over Melandri any day, personally.

I reckon Sykes and Davies would be a sick pairing on the V4
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It's a bit sad really. Sykes rode the Kawasaki when it wasn't a winner. He'd start out at the head of the field then the tyres would give out. When that was eventually fixed he won the races and he won the title. Then he got a new team mate...

I wouldn't have thought that Leon Haslam was the best possible replacement, he might just reveal how good Sykes is.

Be interesting to see where Sykes goes, there aren't that many top rides available.
    It is sad. There's some talk of personal problems in his homelife.

I'd like to see Bautista as his replacement.

Where Sykes goes..............................

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Where Sykes goes..............................
    To BSB perhaps? He may, however, not want to go racing on goat tracks. Much as I love the BSB series, some of the tracks are like a driveway.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

Be great to see Leon Haslam back in the WorldSBK field again. I don't particularly like Tom Sykes and I do like Leon Haslam, but I wouldn't have thought he'd be a replacement for Sykes.

There's been talk about Sykes taking the other seat at Yamaha. Van Der Mark is returning for 2019, but I don't recall hearing if Lowes is keeping his seat.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    77 XL250
    During the BSB race, the commentator did mention the only championship Haslam has won was the National Scooter Championship. A bit of a surprise as he is damn good and has been around for a while. I would rather see Bautista in there though.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Van Der Mark is returning for 2019, but I don't recall hearing if Lowes is keeping his seat.
    I have read the team stays the same for next year but would have no idea where I read that.

Haslam has been around quite a while, but while I recall seeing him, I can't recall him being at the sharp end of anything much. On the same equipment as Rea there won't be any excuses for not being near where Rea is, and I just can't see that happening. But that's for 2019.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blade '12
    I have read the team stays the same for next year but would have no idea where I read that.

Haslam has been around quite a while, but while I recall seeing him, I can't recall him being at the sharp end of anything.
    He was on the BMW with Melandri at Donington where they were all set up for their first win and wound up taking each other out on the last corner... with a little help from Rea.

Funniest thing ever... I had a Fireblade and my mate an S1000rr... literally had tears of laughter thinking of his reaction.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Haslam has been around quite a while, but while I recall seeing him, I can't recall him being at the sharp end of anything much. On the same equipment as Rea there won't be any excuses for not being near where Rea is, and I just can't see that happening. But that's for 2019.
    He led the championship on a gixxer till he got taken out and fucked up some years back.

So did Noikershner (yeah, that ain't spelt right).

Bike
    77 XL250
    I think I remember that one. That was when he ended up sitting at the air fence with a broken leg as another bike came flying at him.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Haslam might have been on a beamer, come to think of it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So Kawasaki and Haslam have made their respective PR announcements. Reaction on social media is interesting, much of it is luke warm or actually hostile. Bautista, Redding, and others are mentioned as better choices. One unkind person picked Haslem to compete with Crutchlow for most crashes in a season. I too find the choice somewhat difficult to understand, but it's not my money so...

Thread Information