Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Side Up Bike Fest Wellington (Kapiti) 25th February 2018

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries

Shiny Side Up Bike Fest Wellington (Kapiti) 25th February 2018

Hi all,

This week for the Wellington Shiny Side up we are at Southwards Museum in Otaihanga (just north of Paraparaumu). If you've spare time come along to the ShinySide Up and be treated to motorcycle riding demonstrations - both stunting and gymkhana, a host of vendors, and discussions and presentations both on the latest information on motorcycle safety and visibility.

There will be talks from people on what a serious motorcycle accident is really like - to experience and to recover from - and how you can avoid it, despite what's out there. (Me - Simon Gotlieb, Peter Sowter (Sergeant in Charge, Special Crash Unit and Brittany Morrow from USA)

Kevin Williams will be presenting his astonishing evidence for why cage drivers simply don't see us (the results of which may surprise you - high viz is NOT the answer!).

And, of course, Dave Moss will be there all day doing clinics on motorcycle suspension setup and sorting.

You'll get to talk to people like yourself who are passionate about motorcycling, and also get the opportunity to talk to MSAC about what they are - and aren't - doing right with your ACC money.

There's the Show and Shine competition where you can win $500 to spend at any motorcycle store - bring your ride along and show us how great it is.

You will have an opportunity to talk to the Ride Forever people and find out all about what's being offered. Dave Keilty - the man behind the Ride Forever training - will be at the ACC marquee so you will have an opportunity to talk directly to the man who makes the decisions on the training. He's a great guy - unless you hate Newcastle United. All of the people at ACC who are dealing with motorcycling are all committed motorcyclists and they are all riding around the country to do these shows.

For $50 RideForever is some of the best life insurance you will ever buy. Talk to me about WHY I believe it saved my life. I'll be there all day.

Harley's Brand Ambassador Jay Reeve will be there so you can talk anything Harley Davidson with him.

And best yet - all of this is free.
    https://shinysideup.nz/location/2

If you want to know a bit about my story, here's a wee glimpse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxXPhEc160

I'd love to see you there. Happy to talk anything about motorcycles and motorcycling.

Simon
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    ahhhhh so thats you, onya

Bike
    Various things
    Good on ya Simon. Think we can all agree high vis is a load of bullshit. Hope all goes well.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure it will Pete.

Hey - I almost forgot.

We also have Randy Mamola there as well giving a presentation. I definitely want to spend some time with him finding out about his GP days and what he has to talk to us about now.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    ahhhhh so thats you, onya
    yeah, it's me. Who else did you think it was? I've kind of been here a while too.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Thanks for sharing yer story.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    yeah, it's me. Who else did you think it was? I've kind of been here a while too.
    maaaaate, i thought you was some hot brunette with nice ass

as me lil mate granstar says, thanks for sharing ya story

Bike
    suzuki
    so i'm confused, you say this week but it's listed as 25th march, what are you smoking?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    If you want to know a bit about my story, here's a wee glimpse:
    it's a lovely story but don't they understand when it appears on facebook feeds about six times a day it's just shitty spam? or are they trying to justify their advertising budget.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Good on ya Simon. Think we can all agree high vis is a load of bullshit. Hope all goes well.
    I don’t, because it works for me in my scientific sample of one, actively anyway (I pick it up). But no doubt there are plenty of psychological and genetic reasons why it’s no cure all.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    so i'm confused, you say this week but it's listed as 25th march, what are you smoking?
    Definatley happening - Sunday 25th February Spyda, at Southwards Car Museum 10.00am - 4.00pm.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    maaaaate, i thought you was some hot brunette with nice ass

as me lil mate granstar says, thanks for sharing ya story
    Yeah well I've decided to give up on the diet and concentrate on tall now ...that may or may not change.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Yeah well I've decided to give up on the diet and concentrate on tall now ...that may or may not change.
    oyster season starts next week

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it's a lovely story but don't they understand when it appears on facebook feeds about six times a day it's just shitty spam? or are they trying to justify their advertising budget.
    Hmmm.

Sorry about getting the date wrong when I posted it up.

Sorry that somebody at ACC decided to spend a bit of money on Facebook trying to get the message across.

The date is 25th February, but if you went to the website you'd probably know that. I'll ask the mods to change the thread.

You sound a bit grumpy Spyda. What's the issue?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I don’t, because it works for me in my scientific sample of one, actively anyway (I pick it up). But no doubt there are plenty of psychological and genetic reasons why it’s no cure all.
    I can recommend coming along and hearing Kevin Williams presentation of the Science of Being Seen. He points out where high-viz is of use, and where it is not. It is useful is a small amount of situations. I'm not gonna post spoilers here though.

Thread Information