Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boots

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    dolphins aren't real animals, they're just vegan sharks

Those bumper stickers that say "Save the Dolphins!" piss me off.....

When was the last time a Dolphin ever did anything for you?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post

their torches used to be spectacular, now of course they're extinct with the evolution of led torches.

Bike
    1983 Suzuki GS650E
    I wouldn't of said the 'V' word myself

The mrs is looking at vegan boots and seen the Dainese brand or what ever it is does some casual hi top style riding shoes. Never seen vegan riding boots tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lCoYcced0&app=desktop

Bike
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    I wouldn't of said the 'V' word myself

The mrs is looking at vegan boots and seen the Dainese brand or what ever it is does some casual hi top style riding shoes. Never seen vegan riding boots tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lCoYcced0&app=desktop
    Nice one, thanks

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Wow, this site has it's bullies and now it's full of people passing judgment on the lifestyle of others. Get a grip people, start talking about what this site is for. We're supposed to be into biking and support each other not behave like children on a playground.

Please, don't respond to anyone who bullies or denigrates others on this site, if they don't get the attention they crave they may go away. I know this is a fanciful hope but...

Cheers

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Most people think Vegans are cunts. You should have said you were allergic to leather, you'd get less ridicule.

I also think Vegans are cunts, but ill put that aside long enough to say:

from this website:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/is-there-n...s-vegan-127588

an extract:

Tires, rubber, paint, glue, and plastics: Because these are not foods, we are not entitled to know what ingredients go into our tires and other rubber and plastic products. These often contain chemicals and additives of animal origins. Along these lines, paint, glue and other chemicals often contain animal products. Shellac, as explained above, comes from insects.

My point is, it's all very well to want to live by a moral ideology, but realistically, youre probably relying on and using animal products daily in way you don't even realise - perhaps for the sake of a quality boot, that will likely last you more than a decade, you should make the small sacrifice to your ideology for the sake of safety?
    Bike boots are made for a very specific purpose - ask anyone who races and has crashed how they felt with their appropriate boots, vs how theyd feel with non motorcycle specific alternatives.

You could go for one of the all plastic race style boots if youre prepared to make a sacrifice on style?

Or maybe you could design your own vegan boots,and get some 8 year old chinese kids to make them for $1 a day - youll profit, and no animals were harmed.
    Having been involved in grain harvesting I always snigger quietly at vegans no animals harmed tripe lol....

When a large mechanized harvester machine goes through a field Darwin takes effect and a few rats/cats/rabbits etc that are slow learners end up in the wheat bin... then theres same agaoin when grains tored in sheds/silos and loaded out to trucks.... At grain mills they test for nitrogen levels which is really just a measure of how much rat piss is on it....
    Then there's lollies and deserts with gelatin made from pigs lips/noses etc....
    Ever walk on a wool carpet...????
    Never mind too that industrial cropping of vegetables is displacing animals from normal habitats...
    Millions if not billions of amazon rainforest decimated to grow soy crops....
    the list goes on.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post

The bastards come on shore at night and steal my beer. I know its them because you find them dead on the beach in the morning with the plastic ring thingys from the six packs.
    Sometimes the feckers raid paknsave too but they cant swim there way out of a shopping bag let alone make a getaway....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The bastards come on shore at night and steal my beer. I know its them because you find them dead on the beach in the morning with the plastic ring thingys from the six packs.
    Sometimes the feckers raid paknsave too but they cant swim there way out of a shopping bag let alone make a getaway....

Bwahahaha!

I read that with a mouthful of BBQ Dolphin sandwich........

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by globe View Post

I'm a vegan, therefore ...
    How do you cope with bugs in the teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    Wow, this site has it's bullies and now it's full of people passing judgment on the lifestyle of others. Get a grip people, start talking about what this site is for. We're supposed to be into biking and support each other not behave like children on a playground.

Please, don't respond to anyone who bullies or denigrates others on this site, if they don't get the attention they crave they may go away. I know this is a fanciful hope but...

Cheers
    Yeah mate - the dream of biker brotherhood - it's bullshit - bikers can be the biggest pack of pricks out there ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Seems like Sidi make vegan boots as per the link on post #34 so see if you can source the models he talks about.

Also some info here:

https://veganliftz.com/best-vegan-motorcycle-gear/
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by globe View Post
    Nice one, thanks
    Good luck with the search, keep scrolling the interweb with yer finger on that ....MOUSE, something is bound to come along, maybe some hemp boots?
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information