Thread: 2018 gsx250r led headlight bulb

Bike
    2018 suzuki gsx250r

2018 gsx250r led headlight bulb

Hi ppl.

Just picked up my new bike today, and first thing I want to do is swap out stock headlight bulb for an led.
    Is there an led bulb I can get to just plug & play or do i really need to get a conversion kit.
    Stock is 60/55w H4

I don't have the $ for something like an HID kit etc, just want better light as I ride year long to work and back and winter is coming. and cagers in Waikato are blind at the best of times.

Hope someone can help.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    A This years bike that doesn't have an LED Headyl;ighty, hum. Sure if you asked the shop, they'd happily change it out fro you and tell youwhich one they're going to put in.
    Enjoy KB, dont take it too seriously.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    No idea whether there is a drop-in LED replacement - you'll have to google that one.

However, if you replace the bulb with anything other than a standard H4 halogen, you probably won't be compliant with the regs. And it will probably be glare-central for everyone coming your way.

Bike
    2018 suzuki gsx250r
    Thanks guys.

Taxythingy - First thing I did once I got it home was google the hell out of it.
    No mention of my particular model, so didn't chance any of the advise I did come across.

I had my first ride to work at 6am today and it was still quite dark, and I have to say the brightness of the bike standard far exceeds my previous bikes.
    My last one was a Hyosung Aquila 250 and the brightness was quite dull compared to my new one, so I don't think I'm really in need of LED's after all.

I didn't want them for the 'look' it was for the light, so no need to mess with what 'ain't broke I say.

Caseye - Nah it has leds for brake etc but not the turn or headlight.
    (I rarely take much seriously, but our email exchange did have me all ?!?! )

Bike
    2000, Suzuki GSF 250V
    There's plenty of led H4 bulbs, they do them for Yamaha mt07s and stuff which is H4 should work fine might just need some wiring adjustment. Googling around is ya best bet

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    If you are worried about visibility with other road users you'd be better off fitting a couple of auxiliary running lights - bikes I see with these I really SEE

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index....oducts_id=6835

Bike
    Sold
    The easiest way to get a decent improvement is to fit a high quality H4 60/55 W bulb like an Osram Nightbreaker or even better, a Ring Automotive +130. I've used both on the organised 1600 km in 24 hours events and they do the biz just fine. If you can't find them in your locality, I buy mine from Auto Bulbs Direct in the UK. Great service and price.

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
    I recommend the Narva Platinum Plus 130. It's still an incandescent bulb, not LED, but it's the same power consumption and dimensions as a standard H4 - it IS a standard H4 - but it's just 130% brighter and 20% whiter light than a standard H4 bulb. I got one of them as soon as I picked up my new MT-03, and I definitely notice the extra brightness.
    I went looking for LED H4's too, but you've got to be careful. A lot of them are actually a lot dimmer than the bulb I mentioned above, and the ones that actually are nearly as bright as a standard bulb are huge with gigantic heat sinks and fans etc, and although the fitting point is the same, having all that stuff hanging of the back end of the fitting means it won't fit in the space behind most motorbike buib fitments.

http://www.narva.com.au/pressrelease...powerful-globe

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Prod...lus-130/415575

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Make sure your adjustment is perfect first, then try a better or bigger halogen

I don't think LED headlights are quite there yet, and are too expensive imo
    HID bulbs aren't officially compliant unless factory standard.
    H4 halogen comes in a few varieties of efficiency and colour such as the osram +130% etc, still in the same wattage, or there are bigger wattages like 90/130watt but if you dont use a relay those can burn out your switchblock after a while...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMayhem View Post
    ...cagers in Waikato are blind at the best of times.
    They also like to run invisibly on foggy mornings. They drive grey SUV's in the half light of a foggy early morning without using any lighting of their own...really sensible.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
    Using a higher Wattage bulb is a really bad idea. They run a lot hotter and will damage the polycarbonate headlight shell, as well as the bike's electrical system not being designed to run that much current. Incandescent bulbs are essentially just old fashioned filament heaters, and their Wattage directly and linearly correlates to the amount of heat they output.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post
    Using a higher Wattage bulb is a really bad idea. They run a lot hotter and will damage the polycarbonate headlight shell, as well as the bike's electrical system not being designed to run that much current. Incandescent bulbs are essentially just old fashioned filament heaters, and their Wattage directly and linearly correlates to the amount of heat they output.
    I've never had an issue so I think you might be overstating it a bit, with respect. Unless you've had problems previously?
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    I've never had an issue so I think you might be overstating it a bit, with respect. Unless you've had problems previously?
    I used 100W halogens on my Blackbird as it had a big volume headlight and didn't have any adverse effects. On the smaller headlight volumes of my Street Triple, I went for the standard wattage but higher quality Xenon bulbs (The Osram Nightbreakers and Ring Automotive +130). Again, no problem at all. Ditto for for my GSX-S 1000.

Thread Information