Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSX-S1000 - Opinions

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post

The snatchy throttle is still that though - Snatchy...

That's one of the reasons people I know who have had one get rid of it .
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    for my 650FU - this used to happen at 80 Kph in 6th gear - the throttle response in that rev range was horrid - apparently that's the rev range when the compliance test is done.

Every other situation, the Throttle response was smooth as butter.

The 'Bus suffers no such weirdness

At 80ks on my GSF650NA I would never be in top - fourth probably, maybe even 3rd - depending on how hard I wanted to accelerate - 80ks in top - open the throttle and it's a slug ..

PS - it's not a FU - it's not LAMS ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    for my 650FU - this used to happen at 80 Kph in 6th gears
    Its a motorcycle, not a truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    The snatch is called a fuel cut. They are set to drop to only enough fuel to support an idle when off the throttle. So when you come back on it bang you get fuel and the snatch. Personally its something that really annoys me about new bikes but they need it for standards.

My bakes have been mapped and any new ones will be as well. Just part of the buy price now.
    Part of the problem is running around too low in the rpm range, move it up a bit and it improves. But yep, some bikes have weird fuelling at the compliance rpm. On the Busa fitting a K & N air filter smoothed this wee step out...

for my 650FU - this used to happen at 80 Kph in 6th gear - the throttle response in that rev range was horrid - apparently that's the rev range when the compliance test is done.

Every other situation, the Throttle response was smooth as butter.

The 'Bus suffers no such weirdness
    Not wanting to sound sentimental, but my last bike with carbs seemed oh so smooth at low rpm, the change to fuel injected was certainly noticeable .

The Busa is difficult to compare with smaller bikes, as it does many things with ease

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The Busa is difficult to compare with smaller bikes, as it does many things with ease
    That she does - I'm at 97,000 Km and rising on her...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    And it must be said that your Bus handles pretty darned fine too Rob Or is that because you've done advanced training? (Cue outrage from Cassina )

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    And it must be said that your Bus handles pretty darned fine too Rob Or is that because you've done advanced training? (Cue outrage from Cassina )
    Nah it’s the lucky colour scheme

Bike
    XR650R

older guys gsxr

it was the riding position that sold me, plus the older gsxr based mtr, I've had it for 18k so far, I straight away got a nitron r/shock and built a header to get rid of the euro4 junk
    the stock br/pads are hard as iron, vesrah race pads transformed the bite/stopping power, then I put some k-tech fork valves in forks, this made it a decent road going sportbike, oh and some auxbeam led h/light bulbs as the stock one beam dip is pathetic.
    at present I'm carrying out a full engine upgrade to give it gsxr1000 power.
    hoping to have it dyno tuned prior to burt monroe rally, as to handling - I really like it, seems very flickable and sure footed now I have the suspension remedied.
    my only complaint is the crap fairing , which is plain ugly when viewed from the front especially, but maybe I can fit something else to it !, at least I don't see it when having a ball riding it, and it's easy to do 500 + kms a day on, I already did a 5k trip around south island, the seat could be more comfortable, but its not near as bad as some others.
    oh it's also a great wheelie bike ....

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Post up result of power upgrade and what was changed,I'm keen to hear.

I am thinking of going the other way and putting handlebars on my "R".

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Post up result of power upgrade and what was changed,I'm keen to hear.

I am thinking of going the other way and putting handlebars on my "R".
    Thats what I would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    XR650R

gsx-s------gsxr eng upgrade

the stock cams are small duration/lift, so 1st off bought a k5gsxr inlet cam, raised compression via thin type h/gasket, cleaned up the ports and installed stock gsx intake cam as exhaust cam, retimed the cam lobe centers to a few different timings , settled on 106/104 degrees for broader power.
    went a fair bit better, but the autotune stopped working and leaned out mtr.
    I'm now going abit further, kelford gsxr1000 speedway grind cams, planed head for more compression, had stock pistons teflon/ceramic coated, carried out between cylinder venting mod, had crank lighened/ rebalance, new piston rings, gsxr750k6 valve springs, epoxy intake ports, flowed ex ports, plus a 5 angle valve seat job
    and I built a fully tapered header and special baffle muffler to go with it.
    I'm just waiting for the block to return, plus the cams so I can reassemble mtr.
    then probably getting brm to dyno tune with the pcv, he thinks it will be 175+ @wheel.
    so near enough to a gsxr1000 powerwise!

Thread Information