Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Chinese Carb Rubbers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    8th February 2018 - 20:43
    Bike
    1992 NC30
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    23

    Chinese Carb Rubbers

    Hi, has anyone used the Chinese copy carb inlet stubs as advertised on Ebay, etc? Interested in fit, quality.
    My ride is an nC30, gotta take carbs off, and while existing rubbers work, it seems like a good time to replace with nice new soft rubbers. I have nightmare memories of working in the past on my 3
    NC30s, and an RC30 I had the priviledge of owning for 5 years back in the days when we could afford such things! Any opinions welcomed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    4,781
    The aussies on the 250ccforum seem to like the FZR250 rubbers from China. OE are a kings ransom now and separate from the metal so there's been quite a lot of interest. Apparently they require a trim with a sharp knife to align properly but otherwise are good quality.
    Reason is a tool - remember where you left it..... The late, great, John Clarke

  3. #3
    Join Date
    21st December 2017 - 11:43
    Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    466
    Have you had a look at what's available for an NC30 on https://japan.webike.net/ ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    8th February 2018 - 20:43
    Bike
    1992 NC30
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The aussies on the 250ccforum seem to like the FZR250 rubbers from China. OE are a kings ransom now and separate from the metal so there's been quite a lot of interest. Apparently they require a trim with a sharp knife to align properly but otherwise are good quality.
    Thanks Greg- you were up late last night.
    BTW, i purchased a stand from Icemaestro- unfortunately it doesn't have a bearing mounted pin; would you be interested in modifying it so it will spin when it's in the rear wheel.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    8th February 2018 - 20:43
    Bike
    1992 NC30
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Have you had a look at what's available for an NC30 on https://japan.webike.net/ ?
    Yep, I get daily emails from Webike- they have some pretty tasty stuff! No inlet stubs, tho.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacchi View Post
    Yep, I get daily emails from Webike- they have some pretty tasty stuff! No inlet stubs, tho.
    No help to you i guess but this crowd does the Diaphrams
    http://jbmindustries.com/index.html
    Made in the USA, maybe by mexican rapists though



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  7. #7
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,029
    Blog Entries
    8
    I find Chinese rubbers way too small.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    25th April 2007 - 23:40
    Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Location
    central otago
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I find Chinese rubbers way too small.....
    Skite
    winding up stucky since ages ago

  9. #9
    Join Date
    21st December 2017 - 11:43
    Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacchi View Post
    Yep, I get daily emails from Webike- they have some pretty tasty stuff! No inlet stubs, tho.

    Damn... Are factory ones not an option? Just recently I went to my local Honda dealer and got a couple of sets of brand new OEM carby rubbers for my 1989 Honda CBR250R MC19 race bikes. Surely there'll be something for an NC30?

    Do you know if NC35 rubbers fit?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    15th November 2008 - 07:27
    Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Location
    Glen Eden, Auckland
    Posts
    1,119
    Sorry Mate didn't even check if it turned! I wonder if a pin from an abba stand or something would do the trick?

    Don't go Chinese carb rubbers. Tried a few years ago, three of them Split in a week. Spend the money and get them from David silver spares or rick Oliver, both oem items. I'm not sure about webike sorry. And get nc35 rubbers for an nc30 - milllion times easier getting carbs on and off with the 45 deg angle at the top.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    8th February 2018 - 20:43
    Bike
    1992 NC30
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Sorry Mate didn't even check if it turned! I wonder if a pin from an abba stand or something would do the trick?

    Don't go Chinese carb rubbers. Tried a few years ago, three of them Split in a week. Spend the money and get them from David silver spares or rick Oliver, both oem items. I'm not sure about webike sorry. And get nc35 rubbers for an nc30 - milllion times easier getting carbs on and off with the 45 deg angle at the top.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys- will make enquiries about NC35 ones.
    Mathieu, no sweat about stand, am happy with purchase. Greg made me a stand previously, and having it spin with the rear wheel is invaluable!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •