Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What size inner tire tube for 180 tyres?

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS
    I have no idea how you are going to be able to squeeze a 180 section tyre on to a 75mm wide rim. But that's not my problem.

My Kubota Tractor has 8 [inch] x 16 front wheels with tubes. The tyre shops just use a light truck inner tube and these are available at most car tyre shops. I wouldn't worry about the profile [height] of the tube as tubes flex to fit inside the tyre and the rim. If a light truck tube is too big to fit then go to a car tube.

Provided the tube has to expand slightly to fill the void between the tyre and the rim it should work fine. Too large a tube will cause problems if the tube has to be folded to fit inside the tyre - you tend to end up with punctures where the folds occur.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by DODO`` View Post
    Whats the fuss? Factory set up has tubeless tyre with tube inside on a spoked wheel to start with anyway.
    Some say the local hardly dealer should have a factory tube on the shelf with tassles on it.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Some say the local hardly dealer should have a factory tube on the shelf with tassles on it.
    truth is the tassles on the leathers are to stop the pidgeons landing on them when they're out riding...

Bike
    my little pony
    That's a bit of an overkill, when the distortion of the tyre imparts heat and abrasion into the tube, when it lets go its going to sound like a bird scarer anyway.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by DODO`` View Post
    Hi does anyone here run 180 rear tyres with inner tube? Nope, but I have a chubby blow up doll.

I am having a huge fun trying to find one for hours with no luck! I can lend it to you with a pucture repair kit.

180 / 70B 16 is the tyre size I want to install. You can overinflate it if it turns you on.

any help would be much much appreciated! I can lend you airpump.

Thank you!
    Anything to help a mate, where not all into stretching rim jobs.

Thread Information