Thread: British Superbikes

Bike
    Eeyore

British Superbikes

Sky is still in negotiations to show the Brit Superbike racing. Personally I hope they get it as I actually enjoyed it as much for the commentators as the racing.
    If it rains on your parade, use the umbrella of eternal optimism

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    BSB has always been brilliant! 9/10 times it is streamed for free on CricFree (http://cricfree.sc/channel22-cricfreetv-live-stream)

Bike
    moped
    If my other half misses out on BSB she won't be worth living with as we have just renewed our Sky package for this year. BSB has the best Racing we have ever seen, not forgeting Moto GP either, the coverage is great, you can't get a word out of her when she's watching it.

Bike
    Eeyore
    On Sky C4 Monday morning 12 to 5 am. Donington Park.
    If it rains on your parade, use the umbrella of eternal optimism

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Byrne eyes Mackenzie BSB title hat-trick record

British Superbikes: Byrne eyes Mackenzie BSB title hat-trick record
    After claiming a historic sixth Bennetts British Superbike title, Shane Byrne is targeting new records in 2018 with Be Wiser Ducati by becoming the first rider to win three straight championships since Niall Mackenzie in the late 1990s.

Mackenzie clinched three consecutive BSB titles with the iconic Cadbury’s Boost Yamaha YZF750 between 1996 and 1998 which remains an unmatched feat in the series’ history.

All-time BSB title leader Byrne secured his first back-to-back championships last year with Be Wiser Ducati to extend his crown count to an unrivalled six. With Byrne returning on the unchanged package of the PBM-run Ducati Panigale R, the final year of the bike before it is replaced by Ducati’s new V4, he is aiming to match Mackenzie’s hat-trick of titles.

“I am excited for the first races of the season, we have almost an identical bike to what we won the championship with last season, albeit a new one, so that should help with us getting up to speed from the off,” Byrne said. “Last year was a big tick for me to defend a title for the first time and so the next aim has to be Mackenzie’s three in a row, which is funny because I remember when three titles was the goal and now I am on six.

“I will of course be pushing hard to add to that tally and it is an important weekend coming up at Donington Park.”

Byrne missed the opening BSB races in 2017 after suffering concussion in a morning warm-up crash at the Leicestershire circuit but having stormed to a dominant double victory the year before with Be Wiser Ducati, extending his wins count at the track to eight, the defending champion is confident of a strong start to 2018.

“We need to have a better start to the season than last year when I didn’t make it past warm-up,” he said. “In 2016 the Ducati worked well and we did the double so a repeat of that would be a nice way to start the season that’s for sure.

“I am so keen to get started now and see where we are at and where our competitors are at. It will be then time to create a battle plan and go from there.”

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    77 XL250
    Race one over. Why can't WSBK be formulated like BSB?

No spoilers from me... But I would observe that the Honda pair on their own produced better racing than the average WSBK race.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Pretty good stuff dadpole. Still haven't watched all the copied 5 hrs of racing ! It gets late and this old fella needs to go sleepies !
    Impressive TV presentation tho, all of it.
    You can see why the Poms breed so many fast wet weather riders.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Bsb

If you're hanging out for racing, BSB at Brands (tomoro morning for Sky watchers !!!)

Bike
    77 XL250
    12.30 our time. The question is can I keep my ancient eyelids apart until then. No problem once the race starts though. WSBK I can nod off, but not your average BSB race. (Come on Bradley Ray)

Bike
    77 XL250
    I stayed up for the first race and watched race 2 this afternoon. A true Déjà vu experience.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I find it hard to stay up these days,whether its heavy eyelids or lack of interest ?
    At least you can pick and choose what part of the recorded 5 hours you want to see as well.

(must be up to 8wks since I went for a fang as well? I miss Australia for the weather ! ).

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post

(must be up to 8wks since I went for a fang as well?
    Yeah, I just topped the battery again up yesterday, the bike hasn't been out in the three weeks since it was last charged. Next fine day...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah, I just topped the battery again up yesterday, the bike hasn't been out in the three weeks since it was last charged. Next fine day...
    Yeah, I'm gunna get a filter ,do a service and trickle the battery myself in readyness.

Bike
    moped
    "BSB" has some of the best racing on the planet, some bloody good talent in all of the racing . Dissapointing though how some of these riders , get a ride for the season then jump ship, Mackenzie and Bridwell love to Know the reasons.

Thread Information