Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: An interesting one...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th November 2015 - 11:20
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 650
    Location
    Blenheim and Welly
    Posts
    270

    An interesting one...

    I was given this as a loaner whilst my sacirifical anode Piaggio (Following the Guzzi being pinched) is in having the tyres replaced.

    It's a Yamaha Maxam 250 - Big in Japan by all accounts and a bit like a jetski on wheels. A Cadillac-style rear end with a pointy nose and lots of... Length. It's a conventional 4-stroke 250cc single cyclinder CVT-equipped scoot underneath but rides like a mini-limo.

    It adds to the rich tapestry which is biking

    And here was me thinking that I'd ridden just about every type of bike I was going to. Nice and comfy for the airport run I must say
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxam2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	769.8 KB 
ID:	335629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxam1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	789.0 KB 
ID:	335628  
    Navy Boy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    25th June 2007 - 21:21
    Bike
    S1000RR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6,991
    Some folks at the "Optimistic Sellers" thread were talking about that bike from Carbon Garage. Cool looking thing I say!


    If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    13th November 2011 - 15:32
    Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,136
    No thanks..... nope

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    21st December 2017 - 11:43
    Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    466
    Yeah, these are a big deal over in Japan! I'd love to have a play on one!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	685901494.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	335631

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scooter_6.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	335632

  5. #5
    Join Date
    25th June 2007 - 21:21
    Bike
    S1000RR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Yeah, these are a big deal over in Japan! I'd love to have a play on one!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	685901494.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	335631

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scooter_6.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	335632
    Honestly I would never spend my money on buying or "customising" a scooter like that but if I were given the keys to ride it for a day or two then... heck yeah!!


    If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,322
    The chances of this two wheeled beast being nicked are slim I'd think
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    24th November 2015 - 11:20
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 650
    Location
    Blenheim and Welly
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The chances of this two wheeled beast being nicked are slim I'd think
    Yep - Though I thought a Moto Guzzi wouldn't be a target either...
    Navy Boy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,557
    I have all kinds of bikes, including the ever trusty BMW R1200GS, a few Classic Suzuki's, a 750/4 & more, but I'm currently having a huge pile of fun on my Yamaha Majesty 250 maxiscoot to the point that I haven't ridden anything else, or started my car for over two weeks.
    It's a magic carpet & an added bonus is that it's also only cost under $30 for two weeks.
    I thought I was a well jaded motorcyclist that had tried everything I was likely to enjoy & I only got the majesty to spin a buck on. What a surprise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    19th January 2013 - 16:56
    Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Location
    The Isthmus
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I have all kinds of bikes, including the ever trusty BMW R1200GS, a few Classic Suzuki's, a 750/4 & more, but I'm currently having a huge pile of fun on my Yamaha Majesty 250 maxiscoot to the point that I haven't ridden anything else, or started my car for over two weeks.
    It's a magic carpet & an added bonus is that it's also only cost under $30 for two weeks.
    I thought I was a well jaded motorcyclist that had tried everything I was likely to enjoy & I only got the majesty to spin a buck on. What a surprise.
    If you get a chance, try a 400cc version of either the Yamaha or one of the others of that engine size.

    May not be the fastest thing away from the lights, but once up and going...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    If you get a chance, try a 400cc version of either the Yamaha or one of the others of that engine size.

    May not be the fastest thing away from the lights, but once up and going...
    That's the funny thing, nothing gets near it for the first 200 metres.
    I aspire to own a AN650 now.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    19th January 2013 - 16:56
    Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Location
    The Isthmus
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    That's the funny thing, nothing gets near it for the first 200 metres.
    I aspire to own a AN650 now.
    With my 400 those 50cc mopeds are first across the intersection and away like a swarm of angry wasps, but I have the last laugh above 50km/h... and the ability to tour on one.

    Read up about the AN650, I was warned off them due to issues with their transmission hence suggesting the 400 version.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    22nd October 2002 - 11:00
    Bike
    2019 KTM Duke 790
    Location
    Coromandel Harbour
    Posts
    4,103
    It's quite easy to turn up our noses at scooters but on the 2003 Grand Challenge 1600 km in 24 hours ride and the 2005 Southern Cross event, the T-Max 500 scooter in the photo had absolutely no problem keeping up with the big capacity bikes and the rider always seemed in a sight better physical nick than I did on my Blackbird!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paul's nemesis.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	440.2 KB 
ID:	335645  

  13. #13
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    It's quite easy to turn up our noses at scooters but on the 2003 Grand Challenge 1600 km in 24 hours ride and the 2005 Southern Cross event, the T-Max 500 scooter in the photo had absolutely no problem keeping up with the big capacity bikes and the rider always seemed in a sight better physical nick than I did on my Blackbird!
    Michael Neeves MCN UK senior road tester gets a couple of new bikes a week to ride, but only owns one of his own, a Yamaha T Max.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    22nd October 2002 - 11:00
    Bike
    2019 KTM Duke 790
    Location
    Coromandel Harbour
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Michael Neeves MCN UK senior road tester gets a couple of new bikes a week to ride, but only owns one of his own, a Yamaha T Max.
    Those things not only show a bit of pace, they handle too!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    26th September 2006 - 16:33
    Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Those things not only show a bit of pace, they handle too!
    They're up to 530cc now too.
    "If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight." George Gobel

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •