a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Hey, mister! You want serious scooter?

SRV850

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post

SRV850
    Or what appears to be damn near the same bike with a different name for half the price.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...83d6faa3f73913

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

SRV850

248kg dry weight. Needs a diet.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Or what appears to be damn near the same bike with a different name for half the price.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...83d6faa3f73913
    True, version 1...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    You know the story about the streetlady with a little padding... built for comfort

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Its a sportster. but more powerful ;-)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Its a sportster. but more powerful ;-)

That made me laugh, because you are darn right!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it would haul a trailer as well!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I owned a Honda Silverwing cooter just over 10 years ago back in the UK. I used it to travel between home and where I was working in the Netherlands. At 600cc it was totally capable of cruising along at 120Km/hr and was comfy too.

Interestingly though was the fuel consumption versus performance equation. The 400cc versions of the maxi scooters such as the 400 Bergman gave you almost the same real world performance with noticeably better fuel consumption figures. A 250 like this Maxam isn't too far off either though the performance limitations would rule it out for touring duties, for me at least. It's still happy to sit at 100 Km/hr though.

They're something of an eye opener for jaded bikers I reckon.

Bike
    1997 Honda VFR750
    I admit that Ive never ridden a scooter, so I'm not really qualified to comment, but deep down we know they're just scooters. Not real motorbikes.

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggers View Post
    I admit that Ive never ridden a scooter, so I'm not really qualified to comment, but deep down we know they're just scooters. Not real motorbikes.
    Well you should, the burgman 650 was quite a tech equipped machine when it launched in 2003,tiptronic,the slap down power option, totally new engine not derived from any other Suzuki model,the SECVT system is complex and you'd be forgiven to think the belt is made of rubber.
    They have a lot of stick up to a certain point, but you'd be hard-pressed to outride a competent 650 rider on anything but very straight roads.The cvt eliminates quite a lot of human error in regards to wrong gear changes, lag etc..... Wind the throttle in power mode off the mark and you'll be toast on the beemer if you're not careful, its quite embarrassing really for some guys I have ridden with
    Tubular frame and alloy swing arm, 41mm front forks(k1200rs 35mm)
    So they got sports road capabilities with the added bonus you can stretch your legs, smoke a cigarette, eat your lunch while you're riding..... Well i have lots of times
    They are definitely a real bike made to look gay, I forgot to mention it holds 2 boxes of 15 steinys under the seat.... best selling point that could have changed the nz attitude to maxi scooters 15 odd years ago, if Suzuki salesman had that valuable insite

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    With my 400 those 50cc mopeds are first across the intersection and away like a swarm of angry wasps, but I have the last laugh above 50km/h... and the ability to tour on one.

Read up about the AN650, I was warned off them due to issues with their transmission hence suggesting the 400 version.
    Are you referring to the diesel rattle at idle? and some having a trans idle shaft lunch themselves?
    Suzukis only fix is expensive and it's motor out, some cleverdude in eastern europe has a YouTube video of his invention to fix it and has patented it. You can buy his kit through the link or ebay for around $200-$300 and it's a 20 min job to fit it... Problem eliminated

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD

SRV850
    Holy crap! That really isn't a scooter, that's a step-through motorcycle.
    You know what? If I was unable to mount a normal motorcycle, but still wanted to ride, I'd happily go with something like that. There are plenty of 'real' motorcycles that would be unable to keep up with that machine.

When I had the 400 Burgman I really enjoyed how well it got me around Auckland. It even did well on that one day when I rode from Onehunga to Christchurch. It definitely was more suited to city riding, but was able to handle long rides OK. The fuel economy on the 400 Burgman is actually quite impressive, on a group ride travelling at the same speed for the same distance I needed less petrol than a 250cc motorcycle.

My new bike is also 'twist 'n' go', although not CVT. I love my DCT, but there are some performance advantages to CVT.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information