Thread: 2018 Proposed Rule Changes.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

2018 Proposed Rule Changes.

Non of these proposals are my ideas but posted here so they are open to discussion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-summary-of-all-proposed-rule-changes.pdf 
Views:	53 
Size:	382.4 KB 
ID:	335672

https://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-s...e.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Name:	Miniture RR proposed rule change.pdf 
Views:	27 
Size:	607.7 KB 
ID:	335673

The page with the proposed rule changes that interests those of us riding in Miniature RR (Buckets).

Looks like someone has sensibly proposed adding a line 16.2b that states that general Bucket racing engine capacity's at anytime is to be the same as those defined in appendix A for the one off event, the Miniature Road Racing Grandprix.

At the moment there is a bit of a loop hole with potential to be exploited by unreasonably clever bush lawyers who might try claiming there are no capacity limits laid out in the existing Miniature RR rules.

Looks like the rest of the original 16.2 rule is unchanged.

I am not sure what effect deleting rule 16.3 would have, may be worth a bit of discussion.

Name:	Appendix A.pdf 
Views:	35 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	335675

Appendix A

Name:	Current Miniture RR rules.pdf 
Views:	37 
Size:	805.6 KB 
ID:	335674

Current Miniature RR Rules.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Personally I think the extra line 16.2b referring to capacity limits in appendix A is sensible.

The proposed rule 10.13a oil containment, I am not sure if that applies to Miniature RR, could be an issue.

Tell them what you think, submissions on the proposed rule changes end on the 31st March.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The oil containment rule has been coming for a while. I don't like it and doubt it's necessary - but it seems inevitable.

Now if it applied to cars too, that would be magnificent....

Edit - Rule 16.3 is still there - but moved to the section covering stewarding requirements for all the types of competition. Unchanged level of Steward as far as I can see. Provision also appears to be there now for MNZ to decide the level of steward needed if anyone ever does another closed road bucket meeting.
    I remember the evening racing in Fielding during the WSB weekend - someone should do it again.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The oil containment rule has been coming for a while.

...a long time...inevitable, really...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The oil containment rule has been coming for a while. I don't like it and doubt it's necessary - but it seems inevitable.
    Gonna be ugly, out of place and hard to do on something like a pre82 GPZ1000R, Z900, Kantanas, XR69 and the Suzi slabbies pretty much anything pre82 and other classics and posties etc with no fairings.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Gonna be ugly, out of place and hard to do on something like a pre82 GPZ1000R, Z900, Kantanas, XR69 and the Suzi slabbies pretty much anything pre82 and other classics and posties etc with no fairings.
    rule changes may have been put in by one person through one club and sometimes a knnejerk reaction that's un workable, like last years muffler wiring one.
    thing is, it promotes dialogue and people offer other solutions, or sit on their hands and the rule goes through.

Thread Information