Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hot tips

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    What can the KB Kollective suggest to make the average bike seat comfier, ideally comfy enough for a long hard day or three in the saddle?

Alternatively, what's the best way to deal with chafing and callouses? Mrs H is less than enthusiastic about the cures I've suggested thus far.
    Practice.

And practice.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    If you are in the situation where you are having to reverse down a steep, particularly metal driveway, select first gear and kill the engine, that way you effectively have two handbrakes. Tricky bit is that they work in opposite fashion to each other in that you squeeze the right hand for brakes and release the left.
    Probably preaching to the choir but someone may learn something...
    Yup, good technique.

I started doing this when I began seriously Enduro riding.

Saved me taking the big step and performing cartwheels a few times now.

Rideforever used to hand out cool side stand pucks. Bright yellow.

Since getting a flat a few years ago I always carry a large can of Holts tire weld / seal / puncture fix goo. Got me home once before.

Always put your keys in the ignition before you put your gloves on.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    When your bike 'breaks down', check the kill switch first.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    When bike no starty check fuel tap..

Summit I found out recently with a moto batt battery, the bright yellow ones, they stop working with very little warning.

T'was fine one day, knackered the next.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    ... Always put your keys in the ignition before you put your gloves on.
    And when you think you've lost your keys or "which bloody pocket did I put them in?" or dropped them... look in the key lock for the panniers...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    If I fit straps to its legs, the sheep will certainly increase the ride height.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peores-disfraces-halloween-2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	335878

The backrest panel out of a sheepskin car seat cover is almost perfect in shape for using on a motorcycle....got one that's done 25yrs service on a few different bikes. And realistically how many car seat covers get tossed when the restraints fail or the seat section gets worn and generally the back panel is still in bloody good condition and they're usually been treated properly during manufacture so the lanolin content is low so no chance of the office workers shiny arse effect of your gear

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    And when you think you've lost your keys or "which bloody pocket did I put them in?" or dropped them... look in the key lock for the panniers...
    Next to the EFTPoS machine or pie warmer.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Or look in the ignition. More than once I've got my spares keys out just to find the original key still in the ignition from last night. It's the first place I look now when the keys aren't in my helmet.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Dont get carried away with super sticky racey type super grippy tyres. the fucking suck ass in the wet. racing tyres are for racing bikes. I was reminded of this very recently and scared the fuck out of myself when I was caught in a torrential downpour.

Cleaning your bike - to get the dried, and caked on bus etc off the front of the bike, fill the bucket with water mixed with your chosen cleaning agent. Get an old towel, and soak it in the bucket, then drape the soaking towel over the front of the bike. Now drink a beer while you wait ten minutes to commence the actual clean. The soaked towel draped over the bike seems to re-hydrate all the baked on bugs etc on the bike, and the wipe right off with a damp cloth, and zero elbow grease required.

group rides are fine - as long as you know all the other people participating.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Same thing on a farm bike. Don't bother heaving it dejectedly onto the trailer and trundling it down to the dealer in town until you've checked the kill switch and fuel.

Oh and the best time to get a spare key cut is before you lose the only one you have left. "Take extra care of the last remaining key".

Bike
    Same thing on a farm bike. Don't bother heaving it dejectedly onto the trailer and trundling it down to the dealer in town until you've checked the kill switch and fuel.

Oh and the best time to get a spare key cut is before you lose the only one you have left. "Take extra care of the last remaining key".
    My spare lives in my jacket on the principal that there's a 50/50 chance I won't be at home when I lose my main key.

Thread Information