Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hot tips

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Outdated now....this is the stuff to treat your tires too and doesn't make a shit mess like Tire Slime either Ride-On TPS http://www.ride-on.com/
    Different product though huh? This one is a preventer, Pando is for after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Do any of these type of products work on tubed tyres (in an emergency)
    Yep. I used Pando in tubeless tyres back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Heated grips are more efficient if you add off road style hand guards. Prevents the palm being hot while the finger tips are still cold.
    True. And I was convinced for a while that my left heated hand grip wasn't working properly as my right hand was noticably warmer than my left. Then I realised it through the clutch being used more than the front brake, consequently left hand off the grip more often.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    I'll kick off with one: the side stand has an uncanny ability to sink through apparently firm ground like a red hot poker through butter.
    Carry a puck. They can be a manufactured, but inexpensive item, or a simple square of plywood.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Different product though huh? This one is a preventer, Pando is for after the event.
    Prevention is better than a cure bit like preventive maintenance is better than repairing damage
    and for relatively the same cost personally I'd rather have peace of mind rather than dealing with a oh fuck event

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Carry a puck. They can be a manufactured, but inexpensive item, or a simple square of plywood.
    Masonry bolt washer works well too

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I made one from a 5"x 3" block of wood with a half circle at each end. Drilled a 8-10mm hole in the middle and a 5mm hole through one of the half circles into the centre hole. Then threaded a cord through and knotted it . Then pulled it back until the knot was in the hole and applied a spot of glue to hold it in place. I cut it off at about 1.5 metres, tied a loop at the loose end to hook over the left grip, Being a bright yellow cord it was hard to ride off without the puck. The idea of the half circles was so I could wrap the cord around it.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    A stone might work if you forget the pad or washer or whatever ... or last resort is a glove (an idea spotted here on KB a while back).

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    A lot of guys use a crushed beer can... Only catch is you have to drink the contents first before you get off the bike.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Heated grips are more efficient if you add off road style hand guards. Prevents the palm being hot while the finger tips are still cold.
    I wouldn't put heated grips on a bike now. I'd buy heated gloves.

Battery technology means they are dead practical. And when you sell your bike, you've still got your gloves.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I wouldn't put heated grips on a bike now. I'd buy heated gloves.

Battery technology means they are dead practical. And when you sell your bike, you've still got your gloves.
    You keep your std issue ones Rasta?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aafda692ff42ea96aab8f7c827b85522.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	335855
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    If you are in the situation where you are having to reverse down a steep, particularly metal driveway, select first gear and kill the engine, that way you effectively have two handbrakes. Tricky bit is that they work in opposite fashion to each other in that you squeeze the right hand for brakes and release the left.
    Probably preaching to the choir but someone may learn something...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    How about read this thread.

Its a good one

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...nd-handy-hints
    Wow... has time moved on since 2007.
    Film canisters and using newspapers for insulation.

Always carry a tyre pump, spare tubes, levers, that way its unlikely you will have a flat tyre.

I have AA+, was rather good when I broke down in the middle of nowhere ( Timaru) and they put me up in motel and shipped my bike back to civilisation 1233 kms away.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...giving it more herbs is not always the right option to get yourself out of the shit...

...group rides are not dangerous if you don't do them...

...listening to stuff on here is not always the best option...

...everything following 'but', is bullshit...

...dont say,'I'll get another 1000 k out of this tyre', when you know you won't...

...if you talk shit it will eventually catch up with you, no matter how fast you move...

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Back in the 80s I was running Tyre Slime in bikes with tubed tyres though it was always put in when new tyres were fitted. It can be added anytime during the life of a tire but as a an emergency fix on the side of the road it'd be like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.
    Once applied to a tire it's there in a fluid state until a puncture happens, the tire looses a bit of pressure until the fluid solidifies but it alleviates the need to carry puncture repair kits or tyre pandas.
    The Ride-on TPS has the highest speed rating of all the brands like OKO & Tyre Slime and because it's a different composition too doesn't get anywhere as messy and I know for a fact Tyre Slime & OKO make a shit of a mess on tubeless rims and on tubed wheels you do a tire & tube at replacement time.
    Anyone know where to buy Ride-On TPS in Unzud or do I have to go through Amazon?-Thanks

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Anyone know where to buy Ride-On TPS in Unzud or do I have to go through Amazon?-Thanks
    LSM Technologies Ltd Australia

http://www.lsmtechnologies.com.au/it...5&product_id=7

Or through Gone Touring Motorcycle Adventures

http://gonetouring.com.au/Home.aspx

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    LSM Technologies Ltd Australia

http://www.lsmtechnologies.com.au/it...5&product_id=7

Or through Gone Touring Motorcycle Adventures

http://gonetouring.com.au/Home.aspx
    Thanks mate.