Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 183km'h through speed camera

Bike
    suzuki

183km'h through speed camera

Since another KBer has gained some sort of notoriety with 182 kmh through a speed camera and his tally for replies is now in the sixties I'm thinking of going out today and trying for a new high score of 183.
    Will I get my 15 minutes of fame on here and it make my life better, or is it not worth it?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Since another KBer has gained some sort of notoriety with 182 kmh through a speed camera and his tally for replies is now in the sixties I'm thinking of going out today and trying for a new high score of 183.
    Will I get my 15 minutes of fame on here and it make my life better, or is it not worth it?
    If you can do it on the Henderson, we could promote a movie around that....

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I was bad for intentionally going past speed cameras well over the limit for a while. Its a pretty dumb practice.

There is one photo in particular that I want, but a friend that works in the department tells me his boss doesn't find it as cool as we might.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Nah - if you want to get your face on a KB t-Shirt you will need to top 200 +

And, given the ease at reaching 200 on a modern motorcycle (American Iron excluded) you'll need something different to excite us - how about doing 200 while on your cell phone?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I was bad for intentionally going past speed cameras well over the limit for a while. Its a pretty dumb practice.

There is one photo in particular that I want, but a friend that works in the department tells me his boss doesn't find it as cool as we might.
    real smart, they just stack those photos up and next thing we'll all have front number plates.....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    If you can do it on the Henderson, we could promote a movie around that....
    i actually set one off in ohakune once, good luck tracing the 1927 number plate...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    If it's raining hard enough you might even get away with it.

Dunno how atmospherics affect the cameras. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    real smart, they just stack those photos up and next thing we'll all have front number plates.....
    They're threatening to introduce them here in the Philippines. And increasing the size so they can be read at 15metres in poor light. Not for speed cameras, but for crimes committed while riding tandem.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Coming back from Christchurch today i didnt get written up for 118 on account of getting outta car in the pissing rain and walking back to plod car,copper only bothered winding his window down 1/2 way informing me of the reading asking if i had noticed the weather then telling me to piss off and slow down.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    A
    Only if you manage it on a Harley

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    They're threatening to introduce them here in the Philippines. And increasing the size so they can be read at 15metres in poor light. Not for speed cameras, but for crimes committed while riding tandem.
    Thought you meant Harleys there for a sec but yea/na there big enough already.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    i didnt get written up for 118 on account of getting outta car in the pissing rain and walking back to plod car,

Don't do that in the USA, you'll get shot. Drivers there have to sit in the car with hands on the wheel in plain sight. Y'know, "freedoms" and all that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Nah - if you want to get your face on a KB t-Shirt you will need to top 200 +

And, given the ease at reaching 200 on a modern motorcycle (American Iron excluded) you'll need something different to excite us - how about doing 200 while on your cell phone?
    Kinky~!

I didn't know you could ride cell phones at all - let alone at 200kph!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Kinky~!

Oi stranger,called in at yours awhile back but no one home,did though North a bit round a corner to briefly see a T-Bird going the other way which i guess you guys were in.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Kinky~!

On vibrate mode maybe?

Thread Information