Thread: YouShop disappoints this time around.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory

YouShop disappoints this time around.

I've had good results with YouShop generally but this time not so much.

Parcel cost: US$261

Parcel delivered to YouShop: 28/02
    Appears in YouShop: 06/03 charged $51.50
    Parcel delivered: 20/03

The delay caused by me having to pay NZPost for:
    customs import fee: $42.81
    customs GST: $61.05
    customs clearance: $40

Total over $200 and 20 days from delivery in Oregon. I don't think this would normally have attracted GST let alone these other costs.

Have things changed, did I do something wrong, what was different about this transaction as opposed to the countless other I've done?

In contrast a parcel from Italy left on the 13/03 delivered 21/03 with only GST and customs fee.

Cheers

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    That's worse than DHL! $82 in fees?

I'm currently having a dispute with YouShop over a shipment. Their customer service is very poor - I might go back to using MyUS.com as they now have economy options.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    I've had good results with YouShop generally but this time not so much.

Parcel cost: US$261

Parcel delivered to YouShop: 28/02
    Appears in YouShop: 06/03 charged $51.50
    Parcel delivered: 20/03

The delay caused by me having to pay NZPost for:
    customs import fee: $42.81
    customs GST: $61.05
    customs clearance: $40

Total over $200 and 20 days from delivery in Oregon. I don't think this would normally have attracted GST let alone these other costs.

Have things changed, did I do something wrong, what was different about this transaction as opposed to the countless other I've done?

In contrast a parcel from Italy left on the 13/03 delivered 21/03 with only GST and customs fee.

Cheers
    Would appear its so widespread that now its a nice little earner.
    Suspect they don't have the staff to handle volume.
    https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal/duty-and-gst/faqs/

Oddly I ordered some BMW parts from the UK on a Friday afternoon NZ time, Fedex rang me on Sunday to pre clear and collect GST and fees. It was on my doorstep on Monday afternoon.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Previously I too have been reasonably happy with the Youshop service. Very fast until it gets to Auckland when it goes into slow motion. This time at least they emailed me instead of writing me a letter, but the two new charges for Customs clearance were a piss off. Parcel arrived yesterday in good condition, although for some reason it had been opened by Youshop in the USA. I have no idea why - it was very well packed and the packaging was consistent with the description of the goods.

They still tell porkies about when the parcel arrived, it's as if they don't realise we have tracking and know bloody well that it arrived nine days prior. That or they just don't care.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Previously I too have been reasonably happy with the Youshop service. Very fast until it gets to Auckland when it goes into slow motion. This time at least they emailed me instead of writing me a letter, but the two new charges for Customs clearance were a piss off. Parcel arrived yesterday in good condition, although for some reason it had been opened by Youshop in the USA. I have no idea why - it was very well packed and the packaging was consistent with the description of the goods.

They still tell porkies about when the parcel arrived, it's as if they don't realise we have tracking and know bloody well that it arrived nine days prior. That or they just don't care.
    Sometimes they open up the package on the US end to see if they can repack it to save some money/space or if you are getting multiple items to combine them.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Sometimes they open up the package on the US end to see if they can repack it to save some money/space or if you are getting multiple items to combine them.
    Actually, they open the packages to check for dangerous goods and prohibited items.

I now know for a fact that their system can show goods as despatched days before they leave the warehouse.

I doubt very much that I'll be using them again.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Shipito will consolidate multiple packages into one if requested (and they will charge extra for it) so I doubt YouShop would do this out of the goodness of their heart.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Shipito will consolidate multiple packages into one if requested (and they will charge extra for it) so I doubt YouShop would do this out of the goodness of their heart.
    Maybe that has changed in recent time then, the last time I used them (a few years ago) they consolidated for free.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    No, they don't. They will only consolidate 3 or more packages and you don't save much. There are better options if you regularly ship multiple packages.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Actually, they open the packages to check for dangerous goods and prohibited items.
    The sender had declared the package as a musical instrument. I had told them it was a musical instrument. There was advertising on the box for a musical supply company. The only potential danger is to the poor bastards who get to hear me practice.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

I hear you but....
    Technically it hasn’t “arrived” till it clears customs, while it’s sitting in a customs bonded warehouse it can’t go anywhere till it’s all approved...
    Real problem is so much online shopping now but I doubt the various govt depts and freight warehouses have increased staff by any reasonable level...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information