Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Honda CB1000R

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

New Honda CB1000R

Tonight our time is the big release of the new CB1000R in Europe. It boasts 140 plus ponies and is claimed to be faster to 130kph than a Fireblade. That's not surprising because the Hornet/919 was faster to 160 than a GSXR of the same year, but after 160 the GSXR would leave it in its dust. One jounalist asked why anyone would want that acceleration, well it came in bloody handy passing truck and trailer units.

Anyhoo the motorcycling press will be full of photos and reports starting tomorrow.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    CB1000R
    998cc inline four
    143.4bhp @ 10,500rpm
    830mm seat height
    212kg (wet)

Its pretty fat tho pritch and I guess 125bhp at the tyre ?????

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    sounds like its catching up to many bikes in the late 90s? (I guess its a major feat when you look at the restrictions in place to pass emissions) wonder if it has the same drive train that kicked off all those pro bikers with neutral selection at high speed

Bike
    Sold
    I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but heck, that's an ugly bike! Honda used to be known for innovation and design excellence but they've badly lost their way over the last few years. And isn't the headlight pinched from the thing on the robot's chest in the old Buck Rogers series on TV?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-Honda-CB1000R.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	335859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twiki 1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	335862  

Bike
    S1000RR
    Seems they are going down the sensible way, rather chasing for performance like RSV4, S1000R alike.

Would it be called a Hornet?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Looks are an interesting thing. I go by that first glimpse and how your 'gut' reacts -yuck or awe. I didn't wince in pain seeing that picture so maybe it could grow on you. Still it doesn't stand out in a crowd with anything special to offer that I'm aware of. Just another average middle of the road bike = yawn.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    This bike is so ridiculously overdue for a refresh. Very interested to see how it looks once the dust has settled. It's a competitive class with some great bikes from other manufacturers.

Not that any of it matters - the Honda brand sucks ass in NZ. Minimal dealer support and high prices.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Seems they are going down the sensible way, rather chasing for performance like RSV4, S1000R alike.

It is a hornet with a bigger motor and upside down forks. Still has the same silly frame design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Looks good (can the can), figures are real world shit-ya-pants (yeah you really need 200hp on public roads ....), will go forever, hopefully has a bit of personality, and there was nothing wrong with the 919 frame.

Is this what the concept sports Neo turned into?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I could be tempted, but I know they're going to ask far too much initially, then give them away at the end. The CB919 wasn't exactly screaming sexy, but I've come to love it now.

I have first hand knowledge of spanking a ZX10R off the mark, so yes, a lot of punch initially, just don't imitate them and try a drag launch

On the other hand, it could be horribly clinical and smooth... and I keep looking at Gen 2 Tuonos on TradeMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post

bettter name than the Predator which was the name they called the second iteration after the HOrnet. That they wanted $20+ k for.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    bettter name than the Predator which was the name they called the second iteration after the HOrnet. That they wanted $20+ k for.

Then ran them out for a excellent value $15k......

You'd think this new one would be priced smack on the Suzuki thou equivalent ($17-18). But that would presume that Blue Wing did some research ....

Honda NEED a good naked like this in NZ to get some sales back. I'd say F-it, and market it at a killer price to get buyers back in the doors.

Bike
    A
    The concept of a naked UJM type of bike is growing on me. Mind you, I much prefer the look of a new (old) Z900 over this Honda

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'd need to see the Kawasaki in the flesh but the photos don't do it for me.

Honda piss me off. They build some of the best concept bikes in the world, then do nothing, or do something too late and water it down.

This is one of my favorites from Honda - tack on some LED lights and micro indicators - a tail tidy and plate and she's a winner.

You'll never see it in production though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-honda-cb1100-tr-concept-motorcycle-bike-retro-vintage-cafe-racer-cb1100tr-6.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	335880  

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I'd need to see the Kawasaki in the flesh but the photos don't do it for me.

Honda piss me off. They build some of the best concept bikes in the world, then do nothing, or do something too late and water it down.

This is one of my favorites from Honda - tack on some LED lights and micro indicators - a tail tidy and plate and she's a winner.

You'll never see it in production though.
    Agree with you 100% regarding concept bikes and I'd buy the 1100 in the photo in a heartbeat. My last 2 bikes have been naked and I really enjoy them. Lots of involvement without insane speeds

Thread Information