Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Honda CB1000R

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    It is a hornet with a bigger motor and upside down forks. Still has the same silly frame design.
    And my opinion stands after seeing one in the flesh. Its a hornet 900 with a silly headlight. For 20k.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Looking at a Aussie bike mag at lunchtime today I see the CB is within a few hundred dollars of the GSX-s 1000 Suzuki in Aussie.

Mid $16k if I remember, the Z1000 was about $500 dearer.

Meanwhile in New Zealand

Suzuki is $17k

Z900 $15,800

Z1000 $17k

Honda $20k

Bluewing do it again - take a great bike and apply a 'Honda' tax
    Pathetic. Like with any Honda in this country there's just no reason to buy this bike.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Yep - That price difference does appear to be rather odd. Especially given that the competition in that sector of the market is really rather capable.

As for the Honda's styling - Let's just say I think it's an acquired taste... I rode the previous generation CB1000R and rather enjoyed it. Looked good to IMHO. I'm not sure this one represents much of a step forward in any respect.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I really like the look of the new Honda, and to be fair the quality of castings and attention to detail is up there. But boy are they expecting you to pay for it. They will be dropping the price next Christmas no doubt .......

I feel sorry for the dealers - it's been a lean few years from Honda with nothing really interesting being released and the Euro brands and Yamaha churning our some lovely bikes. Bringing this bike onto the market at a competitive price would have been sensible.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I really like the look of the new Honda, and to be fair the quality of castings and attention to detail is up there. But boy are they expecting you to pay for it. They will be dropping the price next Christmas no doubt .......

I feel sorry for the dealers - it's been a lean few years from Honda with nothing really interesting being released and the Euro brands and Yamaha churning our some lovely bikes. Bringing this bike onto the market at a competitive price would have been sensible.
    Absolutely - The bike itself may well be the next best thing since.... But it's up against some strong competition. There needs to be a selling point other than 'It's a Honda' to make many of us (Me included) take any real interest in it. Personally I'd be looking at a T120 Bonneville at that sort of price or my Thruxton (Also $20k) if your needs err on the sportier side. Just what are Honda going to do to get people buying it I wonder?

Thread Information