Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stretching leather gloves??

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    i had the same problem, i used isopropyl alcohol, put a few screw drivers in the fingers and cranked up in a vice slowly over a few days while rubbing isopropyl in.. do at ur own risk, i was at the point where it was either they stretch or i get new gloves! they stretched.

if you are feeling game, rub the finger down with "rubbing alcohol" fill something up with water stuff it down your thumb hole then freeze the glove.. this is all last resort stuff but has worked for me in the past

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelpum View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for a good waterproofing product for leather gloves?
    Im thinking Nikwax glove proof seems pretty specific anyone used this?
    Ask this guy:

http://www.hondahornet.org.uk/messag...hp?f=5&t=26636
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    It was on the good
    With all this stretching you may not ruin the leather - cows and kangaroos get fat and stretch after all, but it is likely you will weaken the stitching and with the various types of reinforcement sewn in to the glove this is going to cause issues as they have different stretch rates, if there is such a thing, and plastic/carbon etc won't stretch at all. In the end you might have weakened them to the point where they lose what protection they were going to provide and you won't know until you hit the deck and really really need them.

And then when you get a new pair in the sales you will have to go through it all again.

The problem, clearly, is not the gloves, it's your hands, so I am surprised that nobody has suggested the obvious.

Get a bowl of malt vinegar and while you soak the thumb of one hand you can dip sliced cucumber in it and have a pleasant evening while the vinegar slowly helps reduce the size of your digit.

Worked fine for me conkers.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Apologies if this comes off like being a smartarse and also if it has already been mentioned.. But is there any particular reason why buying gloves which fit in the first place wasn't an option?
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Apologies if this comes off like being a smartarse and also if it has already been mentioned.. But is there any particular reason why buying gloves which fit in the first place wasn't an option?
    Maybe he's one of the half of the population that can't fit the one-size-fits-all Chinese made glubs that seem to be all that's available now.

Try lining them up on the floor, from XS through to XXXL there's only 3 sizes, in particular, XL, XXL and XXXL are all exactly the same size.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Then there are the manufacturers who seems to have difficulty making both gloves the same size.

Thread Information