Thread: Parker v Joshua fight?

Bike
    Sold

Parker v Joshua fight?

Can't find any result on the nett - so whats happening or happened yet?

- 9:30 am NZ time!

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Joshua on points
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Joshua on points
    Apparently a little over refereed otherwise a good clean contest - Parker lost nothing but the fight, did his best.

Samoa and New Zealand can still feel very proud of him.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Did not watch but read each rounds review. Sounds slightly boring almost???? And appears the ref stepped in when they started a bit of decent biff?

Just another overrated sport with over paid athletes like scoccer players. Mind you at least the boxers run a real risk of being hurt unlike those poncy soccer guys.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Did not watch but read each rounds review. Sounds slightly boring almost???? And appears the ref stepped in when they started a bit of decent biff?

Just another overrated sport with over paid athletes like scoccer players. Mind you at least the boxers run a real risk of being hurt unlike those poncy soccer guys.
    and no sandpaper was employed.

My bank account....dwindling away.....
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...ref was outclassed by the occasion...AJ new he had someone in front of him that could knock him over and acted pretty much like that...JP showed a lot more speed and at times aggression...I reckon it was a closer fight than the judges points made the loss seem...it certainly wasn't boring but the ref needs to be put back in the amateur arena where intervening for no fucking reason is more accepted...good fight...AJ beat him slightly IMHO...Parker would be disappointed I'd say...rematch sometime I hope...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    if i wanted to watch grown men punch each other until one falls down or a white guy breaks it up i'd go to the pub in tiki...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...ref was outclassed by the occasion...AJ new he had someone in front of him that could knock him over and acted pretty much like that...JP showed a lot more speed and at times aggression...I reckon it was a closer fight than the judges points made the loss seem...it certainly wasn't boring but the ref needs to be put back in the amateur arena where intervening for no fucking reason is more accepted...good fight...AJ beat him slightly IMHO...Parker would be disappointed I'd say...rematch sometime I hope...
    Like to agree but cant,Parker for how long has known that was his chance he didnt take it,no doubt hes disappointed,showed some signs but continued to let Joshua dictate the way things played out.The ref blah blah doesnt wash with me.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Like to agree but cant,Parker for how long has known that was his chance he didnt take it,no doubt hes disappointed,showed some signs but continued to let Joshua dictate the way things played out.The ref blah blah doesnt wash with me.
    ...the ref never helped nor hindered either boxer, but certainly dictated every part of the bout in a way that nullified either boxers in what could have been a match that would have been totally different in tempo and maybe even outcome...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I am looking forward to getting an insider perspective next time I see Bryan Barry. I thought Parker did well but given the `150mm reach advantage and 50mm height advantage enjoyed by AJ, the only way Parker was going to win was getting up close and personal and brawling.

AJ is good, no question, but Parker was not embarrassed at all - and if it had not been stopped every four seconds it could have been epic.

No doubt that AJ won it - or that there should be a rematch.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information