Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Display Rego

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that. My dog isn't actually rabid, just well trained...
    (regos so expensive!)
    I did stop and pickup said rego and holder.
    so a dog did pick it up, no, not rabid.
    enquired about rider, got postal address and sent it off

was originally told not to worry as replacement rego stickers are cheap.
    It hadn’t been to rider school, but observed good riding practise and kept up with the group.
    Holder looked like it was reasonably new and had become brittle.

Couple of things I learnt that day:
    -make sure labels are visible and secured, so loss is minimised and hassles reduced.
    -really difficult to park bike on back country roads in middle of nowhere, without chance of getting run over.
    -hard to keep up once you have stopped and left the group.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I did stop and pickup said rego and holder.
    so a dog did pick it up, no, not rabid.
    enquired about rider, got postal address and sent it off

was originally told not to worry as replacement rego stickers are cheap.
    It hadn’t been to rider school, but observed good riding practise and kept up with the group.
    Holder looked like it was reasonably new and had become brittle.

Couple of things I learnt that day:
    -make sure labels are visible and secured, so loss is minimised and hassles reduced.
    -really difficult to park bike on back country roads in middle of nowhere, without chance of getting run over.
    -hard to keep up once you have stopped and left the group.
    its ok as long as you go round corners at or below posted advisory speed and put your foot down whilst braking on the front wheel. nothing you can do about them dogs though, they gonna get ya regardless therefor causing a no fault loss of rego holder

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    I see a vendor has a little tube in which you could roll your rego and presumably mount from the bottom of your plate. I've seen at least one version of my bike using something like this out on the roads. The downside would be greater weight and stress on my plate itself.

Does the rego need to be always visible like the plate, or does it need to be presentable on request (ie tucked away but able to be pulled from behind the plate on demand)? How do you display yours?
    In Tassie, I used to use one of those rego tubes. Some traffic cops would say they were illegal, some couldn't care less. On my R6 there was a bolt on the tail fairing which I just put it on but these days we don't have to show rego in this state any more. Mr Plod just points his fancy camera at any numberplate and instantly knows if it is registered or not, who its registered to, and what their history is haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	167658_483674920895_6813817_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	336023
    (Forgive the tacky, chinesium "bling"... I don't know what came over me but I'm better now)

I liked how it looked compared to a large plastic rectangle with a label in it but yeah, I'm glad I don't have to have any rego on display any more

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    On the DR I use the double sided tape that VTNZ supplies FREE of charge and stick it on rear fender above number plate. The label and the sticky tape survive multiple bike washings and all elements of weather.
    VTNZ also supply FREE the aluminium label holders.... so no excuses guys really...
    I find 12 months later the label peels off cleanly from the plastic, sometimes little glue gum remains but cleans off easily....

As for reflectors picture this. You stop on a remote road in darkness. For whatever reason the gods decide your taillight and or other lights have failed, perhaps you've even crashed and lying on the road next to your bike...
    A truck is coming down the highway behind you, he's 12 hours into a 14 hour day on the fitth day of his 70 hour week... His windscreen is covered in shite... as he crests the brow of the hill at 94km/h at 48 tonnes his headlights pick out your regulation sized square reflector, his brain automatically processes this familiar object and he iniatiates emergency braking and manourvoures around you....

But hey feel free to not be like everyone else and fit something not quite as easily recognised by the brain as a known hazard indicator...... Coming back from evening walk at friends place other week I wa sstrcuk by just how effective reflectors on back of car were....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    But if I use normal reflectors, how else is everyone going to know my bike is Italian!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161202_191532 (1).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	337141

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    [QUOTE=WALRUS;1131100260]But if I use normal reflectors, how else is everyone going to know my bike is Italian!?

[QUOTE]

By seeing you broken down trying to fix the electrics lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    ^ Fair play

Bike
    2017 Triumph Thruxton R

Rego holder

I use one of the tubular holders you mention (about $8 from China - or $70 here),it fits nicely on the back of the plate and seems to cause no stress to the mount/tail tidy.

Thread Information