Thread: 2019 drz400sm

Bike
    yamaha ttr600

2019 drz400sm

HI guys,does anyone know of an update to these Suzuki 400SMs next year?.There is a lot of these on the roads and Suzuki is the only one producing them at a great price with a reasonably well sorted bike.I would love to see the other Brands have some competition for the Suzuki and even an updated version soon.Anyone know of something in the pipeline?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny50 View Post
    HI guys,does anyone know of an update to these Suzuki 400SMs next year?.There is a lot of these on the roads and Suzuki is the only one producing them at a great price with a reasonably well sorted bike.I would love to see the other Brands have some competition for the Suzuki and even an updated version soon.Anyone know of something in the pipeline?
    Highly unlikely.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    emissions will kill the bike pretty soon, euro4 (lack of ABS) will also kill it, a big update would be needed, and looks like Suzuki would rather not make bikes and leave it up to Haojue to "rejuvenate" their small bike business.............

Bike
    17' DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny50 View Post

I'm not sure I want then to upgrade the DRZ400SM. It been around for quite a while and as such has a world of after market parts and lots of knowledge for it. You can, of course, take one of the well known upgrade paths yourself. Fit a aftermarket exhaust and FCR pumper carb (or fuel injection) and some Hotcams and your have a real performer for a 400cc bike

Thread Information