Thread: Yellow Pinlock Insert

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Yellow Pinlock Insert

In bright conditions, I don't see well from bright areas into dark areas - like riding into a shady corner. I use a dark pinlock insert to reduce contrast which helps a lot.

Some time ago I saw advertised a yellow insert with some mention of contrast in the blurb. So I decided to try one.

Arrived yesterday. Put it into use this morning. Took it out again 5km later. Put the dark back in.

I don't know how they are supposed to work but today, in town, riding towards the sun on a clear morning, I could not read the rego of the vehicle in front. It was as though the visor had misted up. Light scattered everywhere. Turn t'other way and it is fine - as long as the sun is behind you.

Anyone know anything about them? My experience probably wouldn't help sales much...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Is it a genuine Pinlock part? If so, that's disappointing to hear.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Yellow/orange lenses can help with differentiating between whites and greys. I only know this from shopping for sunnies with changeable lenses many moons ago, specifically for snowboarding.

Is it possible the insert or visor is polarised, or that you wear glasses that are? (long shot I know)

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Used to use yellow sunglasses when road cycling. Most effective at dawn or dusk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by HEsch View Post
    Yellow/orange lenses can help with differentiating between whites and greys. I only know this from shopping for sunnies with changeable lenses many moons ago, specifically for snowboarding.

Is it possible the insert or visor is polarised, or that you wear glasses that are? (long shot I know)
    Not polarised. I tried that once. Once only...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Used to use yellow sunglasses when road cycling. Most effective at dawn or dusk.

I need help with whites and blacks...not greys.

I was expecting something else I think. Perhaps I should have read the fine print in the ad...anyway what the hell - in a hundred years nobody will give a shit - just like today really.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Is it a genuine Pinlock part? If so, that's disappointing to hear.
    Yep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinlock.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	336018

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Try getting really hammered first.

Then watch TV through the yellow visor - life will be so mellow.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Well, I'm looking for a pinlock insert for my new helmet...
    HJC R-PHA 10+,. If your yellow one would fit, I'd be keen to buy it off you.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Well, I'm looking for a pinlock insert for my new helmet...
    HJC R-PHA 10+,. If your yellow one would fit, I'd be keen to buy it off you.
    This one is specifically for Arai helmets - vector 2 in my case. The pinlock model number is AH-PL000362. You could check what it fits online I am sure. Let me know if it's a go.

Thread Information