Thread: Honda DN 01

Bike
    SV650SK3

Honda DN 01

I haven't ridden except as a pillion for about 10 years. I used to do mega miles per year. Then I had an accident, not badly injured, but it should have been one that killed me.
    I got scared of cars and sold the bike, that combined with a knackered left foot (not accident related), I would occasionally go pillion with my husband, then knackered foot seriously took over and for the last year have had it in an out of a cast. I now have a plastic cast and saw the DN 01 on line with hand controls.

It arrived last week it also came with 2 top boxes and some genuine honda DN 01 panniers. For the life us, me and hubbie cannot work out how to attach the things. They are semi hard luggage, with lots of plastic clip on buckles, but cannot work out, which joins to which.

Anyone help, I hope it might be a similar problem with Honda luggage, not just DN 01 specific

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I've always been of the mindset that the DN was released too soon. The public were not ready for the love child of a motorcycle and scooter (side note - who fucked who?). Anyway I always kind of liked them.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I went for a ride on one but wouldn't know how a luggage system worked. The DN-01 is not my usual style but there have been a lot of bikes built with that engine and I haven't heard any complaints. A relaxed ride and definitely not one to be denigrated as a "UJM".
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Logically the local Honda dealer will know .....

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    There was one for sale at the dealership i bought my ST1100 from, must admit I was concentrating on the ST1100 so didn't give the DN01 luggage much attention. A brief glimpse left me with the impression is was similar style of luggage to the ST1100 and the Deauville.

On the ST1100, there's a latch down low on the front of the hard pannier, unclip that and slide the pannier out forward. Quite a good system, there was one guy on the ST forum who used one of the panniers on his ST1100 as his business briefcase, unclick it and walk in to work.

To reattach, slide the pannier back on and click up the latch.

Or you could always check on the internet, surely there's a YouTube on how to release and reattach them.
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Thread Information